Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 11:05:35 AM EDT
I have 3 choice I am considering for my ammo:

Remington UMC
XM193
Q3131A

from what it looks like, its gonna cost me around $100 for 500 rounds, whats the best for me for range shooting in my 20" A3?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the sport? Plinking? Hi-power competition? Varminting?

For my RRA std a2, I LOVE SA battlepack, followed by PMP. Next would be lake city, q3131a, and then UMC.

I plink most of the time, but even use SA battlepack for improptu hi-power matches at my club.

UMC seems to "pattern" in my gun.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Not for sport, just for going out back or going to the range to shoot with my friends.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If you only want a load for plinking and target shooting, you might want to consider the PMC 55 gr load. It is loaded about 200 fps slower (at least) than M193 but has a reputation of being extremely accurate. It is also often priced cheaper than the UMC.

If you need a reasonably priced, accurate load at longer ranges, you might want to take a look at the Black Hills remanufactured match ammo. It is of very good quality and is loaded in once fired Lake City brass. There are numerous types including 68, 69, 75 and 77 gr versions. If your barrel has a 1/9 twist, you'd be better off sticking with 69 gr and under. The 75's and 77's work best usually in 1/7 twists. Priced in some cases under $20 per box of 50 really isn't bad at all considering the capability of this ammo. You can find it here: [url]www.georgiaprecision.com[/url].

-Charging Handle
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top