Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 7:03:59 PM EDT
I bought some mags from CDNN, these were some type of contract mag. They're only cut for the m16/ar15. The problem I'm having is that as I load the mag one or more of the rounds down inside the mag will move forward and start binding things up. At first I thought that there were burrs on the inside of the mag where the mag catch and the cut on the back for the clearance of the bolt hold open were milled out. This isn't it because I've cleaned it up w/ a hole deburring tool. Does anyone have any suggestions or cures? TIA.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Binding???  You can try tapping the mag as you load to re-seat the round..... (it's early, maybe I don't fully undersand the question...)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I forgot to mention that.  That was the only way I could get it loaded.  But it's an awful pain in the ass to do it every 2-3 rounds which is what is required to get it loaded.  This doesn't happen w/ any of the 25rd mags I have.  I don't think the capacity of the mag has much to do with it, since the binding starts after about the 3rd or 4th round is inserted.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top