Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 5:48:48 PM EDT
I took my new Armalite M15A2C to the range today and here's the problem I had: It shoots  low. I'm using Winchester USA 55gr ammo, the front sight is screwed all the way down and the rear sight is up all the way. And this is the only way to get it zeroed. Any help/sugestions are appreciated. I am doing this at 25yds. Could it be that I am trying to sight it in too close?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I took my new Armalite M15A2C to the range today and here's the problem I had: It shoots  low. I'm using Winchester USA 55gr ammo, the front sight is screwed all the way down and the rear sight is up all the way. And this is the only way to get it zeroed. Any help/sugestions are appreciated. I am doing this at 25yds. Could it be that I am trying to sight it in too close?
View Quote

-------

Something aint right.

Nope, 25 yards aint the problem.

Is it a flat top? What kind of sights? Standard? Flip up?

If there's not an easily explainable reason and the sights are at their limit of travel, looks like you may be calling Armalite.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
This should help ya...[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/zeroingmethods.msnw[/url]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not a flat top. The sights are the factory A2 sights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:46:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's not a flat top. The sights are the factory A2 sights.
View Quote

-------

Like I said something doesn't sound right.

From what you describe you're not doing anything incorrect.

I would call armalite and explain what you explained here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you know what a correct sight picture for an aperture sightl looks like? (you'd be surprised by the number of people that don't).

If you do then I'd call Armalite

[img]http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nJwAAAIAM6dWGPJgPZ*t0aNCunVYLiIRYShzD!GWPY3T4jKtpEwfO8KrO!*6vLiZHDgxrn2y9dzw[/img]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#6]
did you check to make sure the rounds aren't glancing off the opening in the muzzle brake? I have seen that happen before (mostly with Century Arms) and it can change your POI (point of impact). It s a reach, but hey, anything is possible.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Call Armalite and discuss with them.  If needs be, you can send it back to them and they'll work on it.  (Lifetime guarantee!)
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone who took the time to reply. I think I have it figured out. The ammo I was using was old Winchester USA that had been taken out of the boxes and stored in bulk. To make a long story short, there was also some handloads of unknown origin in there and apparently that's what I was shooting. I went and bought some fresh (Federal) ammo and (after I lowered the sights to where they are supposed to be) it shoots right on. Now I have to sort through about 2000 rounds of ammo to seperate the Winchester from the handloaded stuff!

Thanks !
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top