Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 6:17:05 PM EDT
Serial # CMH******. This thing has A2 upper, with push pin lower, no sear block and regular(not milled) bolt carrier. Upper is black, but different color from lower. Marked match HBAR.

The strange thing is the upper. No bayo lug or flash suppressor.ie.. slick barrel.
Only markings on the barrel are SS and 556. the barrel is black, but might be Stainless.
It has no CMP markings, or twist rate, but has taper pins on the fron sight assembly.

My question: Did Colt make such an animal, or is the upper from someone else? The taper pin assy. looks correct, but I've never seen a barrel with those markings.

Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be wrong but I think the "CMH" serialed rifles were the Competition Match HBAR's. That is, postban heavy barrel with the detachable carry handle.

I'm also thinking the "SS" "5.56" markings were used by Olympic Arms. So I would say someone switched upper receiver assemblies on this rifle.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I may be wrong but I think the "CMH" serialed rifles were the Competition Match HBAR's. That is, postban heavy barrel with the detachable carry handle.

I'm also thinking the "SS" "5.56" markings were used by Olympic Arms. So I would say someone switched upper receiver assemblies on this rifle.
View Quote

You are correct on both points.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys. I knew it didn't look right, but I didn't know Olympic used taper pins like Colt.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top