Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 3:49:10 PM EDT
Recently traded off my SP1 as part of a deal for an FN SPR, but have a serious itch to pick up another AR after the ban sunsets.  That said, I'm considering the following setups:

A2 or A3 Dissy.

A3 14.5 HBAR with perm FH - think DEA clone.

A3 14.5 M4 profile with perm FH

I'm mostly going to be using this to plink with XM193 and hunt coyotes.  I also have an EoTech 512F that I can take off my shotgun and use on the AR.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you still have the 14.5" M4 and SPR uppers?

If so, build a 16" mid-length upper
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, based on the choices you gave.... I'd go with the A3 dissy.

I dont like 14.5" barrels... just too much velocity loss.  Personally, I'd say 16" M4.

But with your choices... definitely A3... if you are gonna mount a dot sight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I don't think he has the SPR anymore, I remember seeing it for sale.  I know I got the M3 MR/T off of it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What are the advantages of the Dissy over a mid-length?  Same barrel length, different gas system lengths, correct?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What are the advantages of the Dissy over a mid-length?  Same barrel length, different gas system lengths, correct?

If you get a Bushy Dissipator, it will have a regular carbine length system.  The dissipator's advantages are longer sight radius and the added handguard space further prevents you from burning your knees/legs on a hot barrel or front sight base.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:56:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you still have the SPR uppers?

The FN SPR that CornFedHusker is talking about is not an upper (not even an AR)....it's a sniper rifle made by FN and was just adopted by the FBI.....Here is a pic of my work gun, a FN SPR (Special Police Rifle)

Now that CornFed has his bolt gun squared away....let's help the man find out what kind of AR he needs

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I also had an SPR Mod 1 upper from Wes.  Traded that to munyguru.

Mid length...who makes chrome-lined 1/9 uppers?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I also had an SPR Mod 1 upper from Wes.  Traded that to munyguru.

Mid length...who makes chrome-lined 1/9 uppers?  

RRA
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#10]
The mid-length just uses a longer gas system, correct?  Less pressure, less recoil impulse?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the FN SPR qualifies as a 12.0 length

Sammy

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you still have the SPR uppers?

The FN SPR that CornFedHusker is talking about is not an upper (not even an AR)....it's a sniper rifle made by FN and was just adopted by the FBI.....Here is a pic of my work gun, a FN SPR (Special Police Rifle)

www.coloradoshooting.org/75%25%20fn%20spr%20sniper%20rifle%20w%20leupold%20mkiv%20m1.jpg

Now that CornFed has his bolt gun squared away....let's help the man find out what kind of AR he needs

Semper Fi
Jeff

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top