Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 5:29:51 PM EDT
I'm in need of an upper receiver block that I can put in my vice so that I can put a new barrel on my receiver.  I'd appreciate opinions on who makes the best device to hold the upper receiver for the money.  I definitely also want something that will not harm the finish of my upper receiver.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS "Claw"  Works real nice, and it will not leave a mark on your upper.

Weazer
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Peace River action block, same one sold by Brownells.  It has never marked any of my uppers.  Have used this one for about 15 years.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#3]
got mine from bushmaster
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I used a Model 1 Sales block that I got from www.bravocompanyusa.com . It was a little loose, so I wrapped a shirt around the upper and it was tight, not to mention leaving no marks.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses guys.  I wonder if the Peace River Action block that Brownells sells is the same as the Armorer's Action Block that Model1sales is selling?  Here is a picture from Model1sales' website:

Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use the Peace River action block, same one sold by Brownells.  It has never marked any of my uppers.  Have used this one for about 15 years.

+1 On the Peace River block.  It looks just like the one in that pic under "Armorer's Action Block".
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the Peace River Action block that Brownells sells is the same as the Armorer's Action Block that Model1sales is selling?

Yes, it is.  Make sure you always use the insert (plugs in place of bolt carrier) when using the action block.   I don't use the mag well block ("lower receiver action block"), but instead have a nice stand from Plastix Plus.

Do not use an action block for removal/installation of muzzle devices (flash hider, muzzle brake, compensator).  Use the barrel vise jaws.

Do not use barrel vise jaws for barrel installation.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I use the M1S  block, works great. It's loose till you clamp it in the vice.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top