Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:37:37 AM EDT
I'm finally going to put together my first SBR.  My plan is to buy a new LMT complete lower and register it.  Then I am going to get the LMT 10.5 upper with a standard bolt / carrier.  What do you guys think?  Will I have any reliability issues with the LMT 10.5?  Is it worth the extra money to get the LMT lower and have a 100% LMT rifle, or should I just get a Bushy or RRA lower?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a ton of information on SBRs in the Full Auto forum - including a rather long thread about someone who had trouble with an LMT 10.5" setup.

I've had no real problems with my 10.5" upper (othen than when using crappy ammo).

Lower should make no difference to reliability, so it doesn't matter if you put the LMT upper on a bushmaster, RRA or LMT lower - but some people prefer an aftermarket heavier buffer or stronger recoil spring for the short barrel
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top