Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:07:27 AM EST
I have a 10.5" Noveske barrel on a Vltor VIS-2A 10". I don't have enough room to my mount my suppressor when it comes in, it looks to be about .5" short of barrel. I can either cut the VIS rail back .5" or buy a new barrel. Looking for a nice quality barrel that will be just as good or better than my Noveske QCB 10.5". I was considering BCM BFH, BCM SS410, Sadre Defence, and ADCO Custom CM-V. What do you think?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:52:46 AM EST
You need a 9" or 9.5" rail for this to work without buying a longer barrel. A 10" rail is too long for a 10.5" barrel to work due to thread overlap.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:16:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By warpig8654:
You need a 9" or 9.5" rail for this to work without buying a longer barrel. A 10" rail is too long for a 10.5" barrel to work due to thread overlap.

This correct. I would have to replace the whole upper and rail since they are one piece. I don't want to cut a $550 upper. So replacing the barrel is the best option. I just needed to find a barrel that will be equal or better than my Noveske.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:41:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By bigboye:

This correct. I would have to replace the whole upper and rail since they are one piece. I don't want to cut a $550 upper. So replacing the barrel is the best option. I just needed to find a barrel that will be equal or better than my Noveske.

I would go with the BCM 11.5
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:31:12 AM EST

But which one?
I am looking for a barrel for my DD RIS Mk18 rail, and am having a hard time decide which 11.5 to get
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:44:25 AM EST
Originally Posted By eternal24k:

But which one?
I am looking for a barrel for my DD RIS Mk18 rail, and am having a hard time decide which 11.5 to get

Personally I would go with the BFH. I'm not sure what your needs/specs are though.

Top Top