Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 4:48:00 PM EDT
Took this to the range today. BCG locks back but the shell is just laying on top of the magazine. Do you think an o ring would solve this problem I was shooting cheap American Eagle ammo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Problem with the ejector pin spring, or ejector pin hole mucked up and binding the pin?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks , I'll check that out. It's a brand new BCG it may just need lubed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I lubed up the ejector pin. Put a spent case in the chamber and cycled the BCG and it ejected fine. I hope that's all it was . Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Just because it seems to work when manually hand cycled doesn't mean it will under live fire.  Bring the O-ring with you to range next time you go just in case the problem shows itself again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just because it seems to work when manually hand cycled doesn't mean it will under live fire.  Bring the O-ring with you to range next time you go just in case the problem shows itself again.
View Quote

I think his problem is ejecting, not extracting so the o-ring thing is not the issue.  Mariner82 is correct, either the ejector spring is weak or the ejector pin is binding against the hole.  Cleaning and lubing the bolt well might correct the issue.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top