Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 4:32:39 PM EDT
Should I buy a small pin lower (preban) for my SBR?  Or, should I go ahead and buy a large pin and the adapter?  ARE there any small pin lowers (preban)?  I can purchase a Green Label colt lower with large pin for 850.  Do you think that is a decent deal?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is more of a personal choice. I myself would buy a small pin lower because I don't like Colt, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with buying a Colt.

There are plenty of pre-ban small pin lowers, it just depends on what you are willing to pay for them. I myself think $850 for any lower is to much, but that is just me. [:D]

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#2]
So does that mean that other ar makers used small pins on the lower, while colt used large pin?  In other words, OLY, Bushmaster,and others can be found in preban status with small pins?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt is the only one who produces large pin lowers. Use a small pin lower for your sbr, pre or post ban. It's a little difficult to find varity with large hole uppers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Keeping up with which lowers Colt produced with what pins is a full time career IMO. Do some looking around before making any purchases.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top