Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:50:50 PM EDT
Recently purchased my first flat top AR15-----all my other AR's have 'fixed' Carry Handle uppers----and, I also purchased a new two-lever ARMS #19A Channel Mount to use in mounting a TA31 ACOG.

I am having trouble mounting the ARMS mount to the flat top rail:  When I go to mount the ARMS mount so that the two levers are to the left, the ARMS channel mount will slide onto the rail until a black plastic piece stops the mount from moving any further forward---it also seems to prevent the reinstallation of the charging handle and bolt carrier, etc.  Is that normal?  I assume that I am supposed to remove the black plastic piece------right?  If not, what am I doing wrong?

Also, when I go to mount the ACOG to the ARMS mount, I assume that I am NOT supposed to use that little 'wedge' that is used with carry handles to obtain a snug fit between the screw and the bottom of the carry handle-----right?  Just use the screw and the washer----right?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
None of the mounts (SLIDE) onto a rail, they tilt on. The cross bar is a stop, so no way was it made to slide into a notch, doesn't work that way. There are no plastic parts on a 19 Acog.
The levers do not open to the left, they open in oposite directions and close and lock towards the center. Suggest you go to a gun shop and have some basic info demonstrated about mountings, eye relief, etc.
Jack
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome back Jack!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Welcome back Jack!!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the comment/help, Jack.

As I look at it more, your'e right---what I am calling a black plastic part is, in fact, metal and the spacer that must fit into the cuts in the Pict. rail---it, accordingly, must tilt on, not slide on.  Will try it tonite.

I understand the basics of eye relief already.  Thanks again for the assistance!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome back Jack!!!

+1

+2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top