Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/28/2004 3:50:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 3:52:57 PM EST by ChairborneRanger]
Recently purchased my first flat top AR15-----all my other AR's have 'fixed' Carry Handle uppers----and, I also purchased a new two-lever ARMS #19A Channel Mount to use in mounting a TA31 ACOG.

I am having trouble mounting the ARMS mount to the flat top rail: When I go to mount the ARMS mount so that the two levers are to the left, the ARMS channel mount will slide onto the rail until a black plastic piece stops the mount from moving any further forward---it also seems to prevent the reinstallation of the charging handle and bolt carrier, etc. Is that normal? I assume that I am supposed to remove the black plastic piece------right? If not, what am I doing wrong?

Also, when I go to mount the ACOG to the ARMS mount, I assume that I am NOT supposed to use that little 'wedge' that is used with carry handles to obtain a snug fit between the screw and the bottom of the carry handle-----right? Just use the screw and the washer----right?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:44:27 PM EST
None of the mounts (SLIDE) onto a rail, they tilt on. The cross bar is a stop, so no way was it made to slide into a notch, doesn't work that way. There are no plastic parts on a 19 Acog.
The levers do not open to the left, they open in oposite directions and close and lock towards the center. Suggest you go to a gun shop and have some basic info demonstrated about mountings, eye relief, etc.
Jack
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:46:08 PM EST
Welcome back Jack!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:52:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By Duffy:
Welcome back Jack!!!

+1
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:42:26 AM EST
Thanks for the comment/help, Jack.

As I look at it more, your'e right---what I am calling a black plastic part is, in fact, metal and the spacer that must fit into the cuts in the Pict. rail---it, accordingly, must tilt on, not slide on. Will try it tonite.

I understand the basics of eye relief already. Thanks again for the assistance!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:45:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By mongo001:

Originally Posted By Duffy:
Welcome back Jack!!!

+1

+2
Top Top