Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:32:39 AM EDT
This is not a 'business bash' post.

Has anyone had questionable dealings with National Ordnance Company?

Here is my story.  About 12 weeks ago, I started a few 80% lower castings from NOC by way of TanneryShop website.  I got relatively prompt shipment of my first order.  A friend of mine at work then ordered 2 castings to work on in conjunction with mine.  He ordered his about 8 weeks ago.

Directly after ordering his 2 castings, his CC was charged, even though no product was shipped.  4 weeks after he placed his order, and received no castings, he calls NOC.  They told him they would ship at the end of that week.  Fair enough.  Another week goes by, nothing.  My friend then calls to cancel his order.  'Please don't cancel your order...  we will ship by the end of this week' is what he hears (this is week 6, BTW).  Nothing.

Last week he calls again to cancel the order.  The lady answering tells him he can cancel the order, but his account will not be credited back until they receive the product back!  Product he never received in the first place.  Another week has gone by, and still no castings, he can't cancel the order without returning the castings he never got...

I think she is stretching my friend until they get something ready to ship.

Question 1:  How can a company charge you for product not shipped?

Question 2:  How can he return product and cancel an order when he has yet to receive the product?

Has anyone else had questionable dealings with NOC?  As of right now, I would not buy anything from them again, period, and I would advise against anyone else doing the same.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That's the best thing about using a credit card. Notify the credit card company and complain. Most will correct the situation for you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Have him call his credit card company.  Tell them you were charged for an item you did not receive.  Call the vendor and remind them that wire fraud is a felony.  Perpetrating fraud via the telephone is wire fraud.  That will get their attention.  But, get your money back from the card directly, not through the vendor.

DG
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
They pulled this exact same stunt on me.  Thei product is ok, but their service is not.

Yup, borders on wire fraud.  I believe mail order laws state that no delivery in 30 days means customer has option of refund or backorder.

Overall, not worth the hassle, next time I will take other's advice from this board and get a lower at the funshow, no shipping, no jacked up transfer fees.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in the houston area and deal with them personally and have a order for 10 Alum. and 10 coated coming soon. They did have a boiler go out or something that caused back lag i was however able to arrange to walk in and get on for myself since they are down the street from me. I have been told either this weds. or next one for my order and most other batches. They are good people i have had nothing but good luck with them. But that is my experience.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I do walk-in orders too.  Its kinda nice cause you get to inspect them first.  I just picked up three today, but they had to look around to find them.  The told me they had a fresh batch done, but were waiting on the heat treat.  Might be ready Friday or Monday.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I also have done a lot of walk in business with NOC. I got my first order for an 80% lower from them when I ordered from the Tannery Shop.

I have also bought several more and a completed receiver from them on walk in. I have spoken with the owner in person a number of times and I think they are upright people. I know they supply the Tannery Shop with castings.

I also know that the gun business is not their sole business. They make parts and castings under another name for other industries. This all sounds more like a misunderstanding than anything else. Based on my talking with them and seeing thier operation, I do not believe they are being purposely deceitful. It is probably more like they are overloaded.

Regards
DKreh
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#7]
My friend had his account credited, so the matter is resolved.

Thanks for everyone's comments.  My experience with them has been decent.  I would probably order from them in the future, my friend is another story.

Is there any other source for 80% cast or forged lowers in the $60 to $80 price range?

TIA
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top