Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 8:40:18 PM EDT
I'm planning on starting with a lower receiver that has National Match trigger parts.  Just what is it that makes NM trigger parts so much more costly?

Why do I see more praise for the Rock River NM two-stage trigger than others?

Narrowing it down to either Rock River or Bushmaster.  How decent is the Bushmaster DCM two-stage compared to the Rock River?

Big Al
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA is the way to go.

Yes it is worth the money.

RRA is praised so much because it is the best breaking trigger for the low $$$.  Everything else that is as good is twice the cost.

Have not heard good things about the bushy trigger.

Use the search feature here.  You will see.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I've owned a BM trigger, and now have an RRA trigger. The RRA is a much better unit, by far. Mine has an almost identical feel to it (light first stage, followed by a postive but light second, and almost no over-travel), and there are no set screws to work loose, adjustments to fiddle with, etc. Install it (which takes just a very few minutes), and head for the range to try it out.

One reason you'll see more praise for the RRA trigger is because so many more of them are sold; this also means that you'll see more reports of problems with 'em, though I've read only a few of these.

Yep; they're definitely worth the extra cash.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I love my RRA 2 stage.  No problems with it yet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok!  I'll go with the RR NM trigger.  Would it be better to keep it with a RR stripped lower or  buy the trigger parts and place them in some other lower, like a BM?

I read where some posters have trouble with parts not being within Mil-spec.  At least if I buy the completed RR lower with NM trigger already installed, then I know it came tweaked properly.

Big Al
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, buy the RRA NM 2 Stage. Best $95 I spent.

BUY IT!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Would it be better to keep it with a RR stripped lower or buy the trigger parts and place them in some other lower, like a BM?
View Quote
I put mine in my BM (fit and function is perfect), but as long as the lower itself is from a company that is known to put out good quality rifles/parts, I don't see where you'd have a problem.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#7]
i recommend an rra 2 stage trigger tuned by john holliger,,,,,,,,u will not be sorry!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]
For free you can do the AR15 15 Minute Trigger job. Do search here. Its easy and the result is amazing. I have done it on both rifles I built.
Its so good its scary.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
[url=http://www.geocities.com/molonlaberkba/triggerjob.html]15 Minute Trigger Job[/url]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top