Green follower
Phosphate finish
Mil spec.
Excellent new condition

$6.99 each

Opinions?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Junk.  Use the money to buy some USGI mags.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
If they are Mil-Spec as claimed what problems do they have that rate them as "Junk"?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If they are Mil-Spec as claimed what problems do they have that rate them as "Junk"?

History from those that preceded you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have a actual use review?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

History from those that preceded you.

Yep.  Please save your money and order some USGI mags, PMAGS or something else that is good.  USA brand mags, Triple K mags, and National brand mags are absolute garbage.  I have never encountered one that worked 100%

Here is what I noticed about them

Bad welds
Thin steel
Crappy spring & follower
Crappy floorplate

Why would you want to spend 7 bucks on that?
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I see what your saying about the slightly thinner metal when compared too a Bushmaster or USGI magazine, I tried to pry apart the welds on one of the National magazines with a standard Craftman flat head screw driver and the body deformed but the wields held together. The floor plate did seem a bit on the thin side so since I have a 100 USGI floor plates I just switched it out. The strength of the metal used in the Nationals seem to withstand any type of twisting and the lips did not bend under very hard finger pressure or dropping fully loaded from five feet to the ground. I mic'ed the springs coil diameter against a standard USGI one and they showed only the slightest difference with the USGI just being a fraction smaller in diameter. Both had the same felt resistance when compressing the follow to the bottle of the magazine with a push rod. The Follower is of standard USGI 2nd Gen "Green" issue but I will switch that out with Magpul's down the road. I guess for range mag's they will work at $6.99 each and add and extra dollar for the Magpul follower.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I see what your saying about the slightly thinner metal when compared too a Bushmaster or USGI magazine, I tried to pry apart the welds on one of the National magazines with a standard Craftman flat head screw driver and the body deformed but the wields held together. The floor plate did seem a bit on the thin side so since I have a 100 USGI floor plates I just switched it out. The strength of the metal used in the Nationals seem to withstand any type of twisting and the lips did not bend under very hard finger pressure or dropping fully loaded from five feet to the ground. I mic'ed the springs coil diameter against a standard USGI one and they showed only the slightest difference with the USGI just being a fraction smaller in diameter. Both had the same felt resistance when compressing the follow to the bottle of the magazine with a push rod. The Follower is of standard USGI 2nd Gen "Green" issue but I will switch that out with Magpul's down the road. I guess for range mag's they will work at $6.99 each and add and extra dollar for the Magpul follower.

I would be most interested in your after action report (AAR) on the above mentioned magazines.  You may get one or two that actually work.  Out of twelve ordered I got exactly none that worked.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Its always a good idea to aske about the product before you order it
I use to sell Nationals and had sooooooo many returns for non working mags I dropped them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Its always a good idea to aske about the product before you order it
I use to sell Nationals and had sooooooo many returns for non working mags I dropped them.

But they had the milspec green followers..
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I had steel cheapos. Some worked, and worked well.  Buuuuutttt, after reading many articles andconsulting with local experts, I sold them at a gun show, and used the money for GIs.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:16:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a stack of them after the ban when wholesale hunter was selling them....utter crap.  

They did not load easily and I could not get 30 rounds into them and most jammed in my 180b that I had at the time...the orlites that I had were better, and I threw them away when I got the chance to get usgi's
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top