Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:43:53 AM EDT
I went to the AIM website today and the only 223/5.56 ava. was the IMG 55gr no Adcomhock.gif. I haven't called yet to verify. Do you think Aim Discontiuned it
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:10:23 AM EDT
wow, it was just there yesterday.

give them a call, and ask them
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:13:40 PM EDT
In AIM's last flyer they were advertising that it was your last chance to pick up Adcom.

I don't know if it is out of production or AIM just chose to stop carrying it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:54:51 PM EDT
I just called and all of AIM's Adcom is spoken for waiting to be shipped to customers. No more Adcom will do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:03:08 PM EDT
I hope they have enough SA .308 for awhile
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:14:52 PM EDT
I thought ADCOM was going to keep producint their M855? What happened?

Did the port deal get sand in their manginas, so they will no longer sell it here? WTF!?! [confused]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:20:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NonConformist:

Did the port deal get sand in their manginas, so they will no longer sell it here? WTF!?! [confused]

Actions have consequences.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:20:48 PM EDT
Maybe UAE decided to keep their surplus "just in case" the middle east tensions increase.
Ya'll keep waiting for more surplus stuff to pop up...................MIGHT be a long wait.

I'm stocked so I don't care anymore either way........
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:22:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

Well thats just flippin' GREAT
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:49:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thedoctors308:

Well thats just flippin' GREAT

I don't know if that is the case or not, I just wouldn't be suprised.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:57:08 PM EDT
The bitchin about it and the price they were getting for it may have caused it to be discontinued...

TS
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:01:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:55:09 PM EDT
Everything is drying up, unless more surplus comes in country, you'll see more price increases and then all of it drying up. I believe AIM has already cut down on the sales to ammo dealers on their SA 7.62x51 stuff. One of the dealers I have dealt with for many years told me that. AIM was THE place for dealers to get it.

How many ammo dealers will be around without surplus to sell? [or enough to make it worthwhile?] You can only have so many guys trying to sell the normal stuff and if the surplus guys go to it also supplies at each dealer will shrink. I doubt that they can increase ammo production any more then it is now.

Hey, theres always Olympic out there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2006 4:13:37 PM EDT by djc119]
I bought 4k a week or so ago and was thinking "I should have bought twice that". Now I'm kicking myself. Despite all the reported problems with it I've never had a failure, discounting the few bad rounds I pulled out.

ETA - bought lots of SA 308 too, you can never have enough if the price is right. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:57:36 PM EDT
Tagged for the phone call.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:21:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
Maybe UAE decided to keep their surplus "just in case" the middle east tensions increase.
Ya'll keep waiting for more surplus stuff to pop up...................MIGHT be a long wait.

Same here. I need a rest. I was going to stop stocking when all my ammo cans were full. I never thought that would happen. Just had to go to the local surplus store yesterday and pick up another five cans. It's a disease.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:47:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BSTOCK:

Originally Posted By fxntime:

Same here. I need a rest. I was going to stop stocking when all my ammo cans were full. I never thought that would happen. Just had to go to the local surplus store yesterday and pick up another five cans. It's a disease.

You too eh? I have 100 cans full plus 17 crates, just bought 14 cans [50s and fat 50s]. All I have is 3 left that are not empty. I still have ammo I need to put in storage. Shoulda bought 25 cans instead but I was feeling cheap that day. Such is life.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:12:48 AM EDT
I am waiting for my most recent order a mere 2500 rounds. It shot well out of my gun last weekend. I was hoping this would be around for a while longer.
Top Top