Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2003 8:51:28 AM EDT
I think I asked this before,these are the  colt mags with the dark green follover with serial number. they are in a foil wrapper.I have 4. 2
were opened. the mags wrapped in a moisture obsorbing foil/paper wrapper. what are these worth? also I have 6 more of the same mag 90-85% im also curious as to how much they are worth? I got thses from a buddy of mine who ets they have been in his garage for a while in a box collecting dust he told me to put them to good use. Im not going to sell all of them just a few to get my wife a birthday present.
   Thanks in advance,
                  FREE

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I sold these for $50 a piece I have 4 but could only part with 2. once again thanks for the info.
        FREE
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm surprised any [i]Vietnam era[/i] 30 round magazines survived.  To my knowledge they were only produced at the same time the XM177E2 was in production, a short period circa 1967.  The 20 round mags remained in production until the adoption of the M16A2 many years after Vietnam.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:50:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Well im not sure the ones in foil have a date of 1981. but I will go off Troys answer. they were sitting in my buddies garage he was cleaning house and we did a trade. he said he has had them for a while but he knew I could use them more than he could.
           FREE
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Be carful if you're going to advertise these as new without opening the wrappers.

I came a cross a *bunch* of these some time ago. As Troy previously stated, these are repacks. The wrappers were sealed and they had been sold to me as new mags. I opened them and was very disappointed to find mags that had been heavily used. A few were so used that I wonder why they even bothered to repack them.

Sounds like you've got some good ones!

Cody @ Magazine Specialties

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:21:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Yea thats why I open two of them to confirm their condition.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top