Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 10:55:47 PM EDT
My son moved here to the frozen tundra so we went cold weather shooting today right around 0 with the light wind ...

Took my AR 180 build my Triangle Hand Guard Carbine with a RX06 on top and AR-10 build...

He liked the 180 the best...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxXl35VfhjU[/youtube]

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL I must be losing it. I looked at that picture 3 or 4 times looking for the AR10. Is there such  a thing as too much retro?

Looks like a fun time. I know I enjoy having my son to shoot with even more than I enjoy shooting these days
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Last time I went cold weather shooting I said "Never again". And it was only in the 20's !  Nice looking rifles. More details please.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually didn't know anybody was doing AR-180 BUILDS!? lol. I thought maybe you had one of the NoDak Spud AR-180B lowers, which by the way are very nice. Did you start this with a Vulcan V-18?? Did you build your lower from scratch?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually didn't know anybody was doing AR-180 BUILDS!? lol. I thought maybe you had one of the NoDak Spud AR-180B lowers, which by the way are very nice. Did you start this with a Vulcan V-18?? Did you build your lower from scratch?
View Quote

The upper is a Sterling ArmaLite the lower is home built...
The ArmaLite upper was a orphan and needed a lower that was long before NoDak was making lowers...
Working on a couple from scratch 180's one in .556 and another in .308...
The .308 version is along the lines of a AR-12...
They are slow builds  making most of the parts myself...
With 2 jobs and renovating a old house for my kids not much extra time for hobby builds this winter.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top