Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 12:52:59 PM EDT
The firing pin snapped in to two pieces this weekend.

It was jamming alot, lately.  Failing to extract and failing to fire.  It finally just decided to break and put itself out of its own misery.

I know I had a piece of paper with a warranty on it somewhere, but I thought I would ask here instead of digging through paperwork at the house.

Where do I send this kit to get it fixed/replaced?

TRG

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It actually pretty easy to replace the firing pin...you just need to get another from JAC.

Order from here: [url]http://www.22lrconversions.com/[/url] and call me when it comes in...I can help you install.

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
According to their webpage, "GUARANTEE/WARRANTY: The unit is warranted for one year against defects in materials or workmanship."

[url]http://www.22lrconversions.com/ar-m-inf.htm[/url]

I imagine you could just call them up and order a new one.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
According to their webpage, "GUARANTEE/WARRANTY: The unit is warranted for one year against defects in materials or workmanship."

[url]http://www.22lrconversions.com/ar-m-inf.htm[/url]

I imagine you could just call them up and order a new one.
View Quote

Just called them.  They are open until 4 pm Eastern, and it is now 4:30 Eastern.

Will call tomorrow.

Thanks!

TRG
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess you can make new pins from M16 pins.  Anyone here that?  My Ciener hasn't broken yet so I haven't investigated it.....If you can, I'll make them and sell them with the Ciener Speed Loaders....

Good luck on delivery, I ordered a anti bounce weight for my FFL/SOT, a Sear trip for me, and delivery was 3 1/2 wks....
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Got an answer over the phone this morning.

All I need to do is send the unit to them and they will replace the firing pin for me.

Looks like I will be out a couple bucks for shipping, but hey, fair enough.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:32:11 AM EDT
[#6]
take a standard AR firing pin, use the existing head as the head for the ciener pin replacement. turn the rest of the pin down to ciener pin dimensions. I used an electric drill and a grinding wheel. chucked the small end of the firing pin in the drill, turned on the bench grinder, and used patience and a small water container to keep it cool. once the pin is the correct diameter, you need to put the retainin pin groove in it.  match it carefully for size with the original pin.Then you need to cut the ledge where the spring rests. finally cut the new pin to the correct length. cut it a bit long, and trial fit it. I have a detailed description, e-mail me & I will provide. according to my source, the AR pin conversions last longer than the originals.I have only used mine about 1500 rds since replacing it, so I cant testify to longevity.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top