Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2009 4:44:08 AM EDT
Well I undertook a quest to build my own LaRue Stealth DMR.  Here's the specs and tell me how you think I did....

White Oak Armament 20" SS DMR barrel with Diamondblack coating by Springer Precision
Kaiser Defense lower
Stag LPK
LaRue Stealth upper w/M4 cuts
LaRue 12" rail
Giessele DMR trigger
A2 stock kit
Surefire MB556K brake
Trigicon TA31RCOM4 w/LaRue LT-100 mount
Harris/LaRue bipod
BCM BCG
(CA legal bullet button)

Here's the raw barrel.  Check out how nice that Diamondblack looks:

Here I've mounted the barrel in the Stealth upper, torqued to 50 ft/lbs:

Rail, front sight and gas tube installed:

Cleaned up with the rest of her goodies installed:

The ACOG may eventually give way to a nice Leupold scope.  I still need a BUIS for it.  I'll get it out tomorrow for a proper break in with some BH 77gr.
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  Interested to know how the WOA barrel shoots for you, once you get a chance to wring it out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#2]
looks great. post a range report when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 5/17/2009 8:03:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great,  what is the final price tag on that piece?
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks great,  what is the final price tag on that piece?

Just north of $3500

Checks for wife and is relieved she doesn't come here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Newest pic, added the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50mm in a LaRue LT-104 mount.

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]

WOW, beautiful!!

Link Posted: 6/8/2009 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Took the rifle out to the range today.  Conditions at the range today were 72 degrees, high clouds, wind about 10-15 MPH at my back.  I shot about 20 rounds of Winchester Q3131 to get the iron sights zeroed and then mounted the scope and fired about 20 rounds of Prvi 75gr OTM to get the zero I wanted.  Barrel was warm and dirty.  My rest was two small modular tables, the kind you find in a conference room or training room.  They had a tendency to vibrate a little bit in the wind.  I was running out of time as I had an appointment to go to but here is my last 5 shot group.

I like this gun!  
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
How did you get a Larue Stealth upper with M4 feed ramp cuts? Did you cut them into their A3 style receiver yourself?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How did you get a Larue Stealth upper with M4 feed ramp cuts? Did you cut them into their A3 style receiver yourself?

Thanks

LaRue does not sell these uppers with M4 cuts directly.  They can be had from secondary retailers like Bravo, Dennys and I think MSTN.  I got mine from Bravo Company, here's the link:  LaRue Stealth with M4 cuts
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I want your gun

Since it's a rifle length gas system, does it use a rifle length buffer? I have an A2 stock but it uses a carbine length buffer (originally from a 16" Bushmaster V-match carbine).

How much does your rig weigh altogether? Just curious give the White Oak barrel.

What do you mean by BCM BCG?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think I want your gun

Since it's a rifle length gas system, does it use a rifle length buffer? I have an A2 stock but it uses a carbine length buffer (originally from a 16" Bushmaster V-match carbine).

How much does your rig weigh altogether? Just curious give the White Oak barrel.

What do you mean by BCM BCG?

Thanks

Yes it uses a rifle length receiver extension, rifle buffer and rifle spring.

Total weight is 12.2 pounds as shown, unloaded

BCM BCG = Bravo Company BCG  This
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top