Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2013 8:44:21 AM EDT
I spent this morning putting the finishing touches on my latest build.

Some of the parts used were-

Seekins forged lower
Aero upper
Spikes 14.5" LW mid-length barrel with pinned Battle Comp
Centurion CMR rail
LMT BCG
Geissele SD3G trigger
HVA ambi-mag release
HVA trigger guard
Vltor stock
DD sights

Here's the build pictures-

Finished product-

I'm still on the fence as to if I want to disassemble and Cerakote it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! Who is the manufacture of the magazine release? Do you have a link?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice! Who is the manufacture of the magazine release? Do you have a link?  Thanks.

Ambi mag release and trigger guard are from High Velocity Arms.

HVA
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I love your build threads....nice work, man!

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow!  Nice build!

Side question, what make is that drill driver set that is a yellow box on your work bench?
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow!  Nice build!

Side question, what make is that drill driver set that is a yellow box on your work bench?

The yellow bit set is from Titan-

Titan Tools

The black bit set is from Wheeler.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
so is that build 28 for you?
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow!  Nice build!

Titan Tools

Thanks!  

Link Posted: 7/4/2013 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#8]
what grip is that?  Good looking stick!
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
what grip is that?  Good looking stick!

Ergo on the grip.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice rifle
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Good way to spend the 4th of July
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice job.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Man that damn Trigger Guard looks like you just put 28's on a Civic!   Other than that your collection are of upscale class and your collection is out-fucking-standing!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Man that damn Trigger Guard looks like you just put 28's on a Civic!   Other than that your collection are of upscale class and your collection is out-fucking-standing!!

I appreciate the compliments. I know the trigger guard isn't for everyone but I like trying new parts as I find them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the compliments. I know the trigger guard isn't for everyone but I like trying new parts as I find them.

Nice looking rifle as usual.  maybe you shoudl build a ugly one just to switch it up  

Bizare man I was just looking at one of those trigger guards online!  Any chance of getting a shot from the bottom of the magwell?  Curious to know how far it sticks out beyond the magwell base.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice looking rifle as usual.  maybe you shoudl build a ugly one just to switch it up  

Bizare man I was just looking at one of those trigger guards online!  Any chance of getting a shot from the bottom of the magwell?  Curious to know how far it sticks out beyond the magwell base.

I take a shot of it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/4/2013 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow!  Nice build!

Titan Tools

That's a damn expensive trigger guard. $115... Know any where to get it cheaper?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Update on this build. I disassembled  the gun and cerakoted the upper/lower receivers and and the rail in tungsten Cerakote.

Here's the finished product-

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice Build ! Actually looks different than your other ones, when you listed your collection. I would of liked an Umbrella Corp. Grip on that lower personally, though.But that's just me.I also see that you used a Seekins mag button, why didn't you go with a Seekins Precision Enhanced Bolt Catch ?

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#22]
What does the trigger guard do? Is it ridged like that so you keep your finger off the trigger until your ready or does it serve some other purpose?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#23]
good choice on that color.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#24]
What is the fuctional purpose of the tabs on the trigger guard? Great looking build love the cerakote.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the fuctional purpose of the tabs on the trigger guard? Great looking build love the cerakote.
View Quote

The only function I can see on the grooves on the trigger guard is to help teach proper finger indexing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#26]
I actually love the look of the guard. Wanted one till I saw the price lol. Great looking build though.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top