Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2004 5:00:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 5:05:37 PM EST by hepcat85]
I'm exploring mounting options for my recent NIGHTFORCE 2.5-10X24 purchase. It's for my M1A w/ RAS. I thought about the LaRue so I have the option of moving it to one of my ARs, however, I looks too high. I'm thinking QD ARMS rather than the NF 1125 rings. Maybe rings on a platform rather than seperate rings? Opinons? Anyone?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:05:02 PM EST
Hep,

I asked the same thing about using the Larue on the M1A. I'm not sure if it was on this forum or the old Battlerifles forum. As I recall the conventional wisdom was that it was just to tall a mount for the M1A platform. I never did get an answer as to which series of ARMS 22 rings would be appropriate. I would guess either the low or the medium.

Regards,

Gary
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:14:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2004 5:15:35 PM EST by hepcat85]

Originally Posted By LastDefender:
Hep,

I asked the same thing about using the Larue on the M1A. I'm not sure if it was on this forum or the old Battlerifles forum. As I recall the conventional wisdom was that it was just to tall a mount for the M1A platform. I never did get an answer as to which series of ARMS 22 rings would be appropriate. I would guess either the low or the medium.

Regards,

Gary

Hey Gary.

Thanks for the reply (and the IM)

I have a CJ Accessories STRIKER RAS for my M1A. Currently I have an EoTech mounted and i'm off the comb of the stock, which is allright since it's a point sight. However, I'm going to have to get a cheekrest for a conventional scope...and the LaRue looks like it would be way too high. I'm hoping a member out there has tried this already and can confirm or deny.

I'm excited at the notion of using this scope on my M1A. I think it gives a good balance for a Battle rifle; close to medium ranges.
Top Top