Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 6:00:35 PM EDT
I'm exploring mounting options for my recent NIGHTFORCE 2.5-10X24 purchase. It's for my M1A w/ RAS. I thought about the LaRue so I have the option of moving it to one of my ARs, however, I looks too high. I'm thinking QD ARMS rather than the NF 1125 rings. Maybe rings on a platform rather than seperate rings? Opinons? Anyone?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Hep,

I asked the same thing about using the Larue on the M1A.  I'm not sure if it was on this forum or the old Battlerifles forum.  As I recall the conventional wisdom was that it was just to tall a mount for the M1A platform.  I never did get an answer as to which series of ARMS 22 rings would be appropriate.  I would guess either the low or the medium.  

Regards,

Gary
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hep,

I asked the same thing about using the Larue on the M1A.  I'm not sure if it was on this forum or the old Battlerifles forum.  As I recall the conventional wisdom was that it was just to tall a mount for the M1A platform.  I never did get an answer as to which series of ARMS 22 rings would be appropriate.  I would guess either the low or the medium.  

Regards,

Gary

Hey Gary.

Thanks for the reply (and the IM)

I have a CJ Accessories STRIKER RAS for my M1A. Currently I have an EoTech mounted and i'm off the comb of the stock, which is allright since it's a point sight. However, I'm going to have to get a cheekrest for a conventional scope...and the LaRue looks like it would be way too high. I'm hoping a member out there has tried this already and can confirm or deny.

I'm excited at the notion of using this scope on my M1A. I think it gives a good balance for a Battle rifle; close to medium ranges.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top