Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 9:44:54 AM EDT
A few months ago I got my first Ar-15. A bushmaster A2. It came with a red dot that can mount above the carry handle, I dont like it and its accuracy is very sub-par. I have been reading up on EOTechs for a while and I think its what will suit my needs best. (Shooting pallets and deers) I do not want to go with a scope or any form of magnification. (Most deers here are shot within 75 yrds) Eventually i will get a flattop but for now here is what I am looking to do.

Mount an Eotech so that it can co-witness with the iron sights. (I think thats what I mean, essentually I want to be able to see my irons through the eotech and preferablly have them all alligned.)

Is there any way to do this? Any help will be greatly apreciated regarding what mounts I would need, where it would have to be mounted.

Oh yes I have no rails to speak of yet and would prefer to not free-float the barrel or make any extreme modifications. I do have one part that screws into the carry handle currently mounted to a generic red-dot, but I would prefer to not have the EOTech so far up.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
EOTech mounting options

Cantilever, or another option with adjustable height, further down.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Cantilever is about your only option with an A2 without a forend rail. Post some Pics of Alaskan Deer that you shoot with your AR in the Hunting Forum when you can.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sitting on a Arms #2:

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
anything is possible
your solution might look ghey, but hey... if it's stupid, but it works... then it's not stupid.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:15:22 AM EDT
[#5]
So if I use the cantilever to place it in front of the carry handle what would I need to raise it so that the iron sights are right in the middle of the dot (on the mounting options site it said they would be in the lower 1/4). Also what does 100% percent paralax free mean?
-Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top