Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:26:21 PM EDT
Which would win a hard use torture test?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:52:48 AM EDT
[#1]
This is kind of like comparing apples and oranges because the two systems mount in an entirely different way.

I would go with the LaRue for durability

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:05:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm... I was contemplating this same question recently.  Perhaps the RAS II has an edge on the other FF systems because it clamps onto the rails of the upper reciever as well as the barrel nut rather than relying soley on the upper receiver threads.

(Excluding the ARMS, of course.)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
LARUE.

When this one speaks... I tend to listen.

S
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#6]
its sort of a toss up between rasII and larue... normally i would consider the rasII to be the most secure since it has 3 differnet locking points...  i like the fact that I can remove my rasII and put on normal handguards if i want...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#7]
LaRrue
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am not sure what "most durable" means. I personally believe that the LT 7.0 is the most stable of the FF tubes because it is the ONLY one that has a locking system that prevents both the barrel nut and HG nut from coming loose!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the RAS II also do this? I mean if you think about it, it's got a lof of tension/pressure holding the barrel nut in place when you screw those clamps tight.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
LaRue nuff said  

Semper Fi,
Jeff

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
LaRue nuff said  

Semper Fi,
Jeff

I might have bought the LaRue had it been out when I was shopping for my rail system, but really you can't go wrong with either one. LaRue definately has an advantage in that there's no "hump," but if you plan to mount an Aimpoint it's not a disadvantage. In fact, LaRue makes a mount made especially for that, which is what I plan on getting. You can also still mount an ACOG if you so desire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top