Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2003 3:50:10 PM EDT
Hello all,

Well, after doing much research I have purchased one of the Legal Transfers "US Property" NM lowers. I am now trying to determine which upper that I should buy.
I favor the A2 style with (probably) a 20" barrel (1:9). Here is my question :

1) I see various vendors offering everything from upper kits to complete uppers (and everything in between). Some charge additional $ for the charging handle, etc.  What all do I need to look for to purchase an upper that has everything that I need to attach to the RRA lower ?

Thanks In Advance
-Paul
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi,
Just make sure that the bolt, bolt carrier and charging handle are included with the upper.  Some advertise prices with these items, some without.  Consider matching your RRA lower with a RRA upper.  I hear that ADCO Firearms is hard to beat for Rock River weapons and such.  Here's a link:

http://www.adcofirearms.com/ar.cfm

You will pay a little extra for a RRA upper but it will be worth it.  They advertise 1 MOA at 100 yards with their rifles and their lowers have RRA 2 stage triggers.  My buddy has one and it required very little work.  (I wouldn't have had anything done to it if it were mine, but wanted it worked over).  Hope this helps. [marines]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks for the info and the link !!
-Paul
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top