Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 10:40:41 PM EDT
Planning on getting a Compact ACOG.  Looking at SWFA's site.  What is everyone's opinion on color for the triangle?  Red or Amber....which is better?  Also, which mount is better...Low, Medium, or High?

Thanks for the advise.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Members here have stated that the Red is brighter, that the Amber is brighter and that they are both the same.  You will need to go see for yourself.  I found the red to show up better personally.  I dont know if its a persoanl thing or if there are manufacuring differences in the sights.  As always its best to try before you buy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon claims that amber is brighter. I bought an amber sight and find it plenty bright enough.

The compact ACOG's mount directly into the carry handle without the ability to use rings.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Devl and Paul.  I should have been more clear.  I am going to mount it on a flattop AR which is why I need the mount.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you point out to me, either on the trijicon www site, any of their literature or brocures, or optics mannuals where Trijicon states the amber is brighter? I have read they say it is easier on the eye, and I can agree with that. But for me, red is brighter, hands down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 7:22:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies.  Another question.  Does anyone have experience with the special ring mounts for the Compact ACOG?  Does the MM07(Low mount) provide a high enough mount for the scope?  Or would I need to get the MM08 or MM09 mount?  This will go on a Colt AR flattop.

Thanks again for those who replied.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Can you point out to me, either on the trijicon www site, any of their literature or brocures, or optics mannuals where Trijicon states the amber is brighter?

I seem to remember reading some literature or website that indicated it wasn't that red or amber was brigher, but that the human eye was more sensitive to amber, just as we see white light more readily than infrared.  It's a matter of perceived brightness.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top