Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2015 12:56:54 AM EDT
Stag Model 1 upper and lower, Geisselle SSA trigger, WMD NiB BCG. That's what I got right now. If I ad a FN barrel would this be a tier 1 gun?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
No.  You are GTG..as is.Love my stag..got a 3G incoming.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 1:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
No, it'd be some sort of frankengun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Stag Model 1 upper and lower, Geisselle SSA trigger, WMD NiB BCG. That's what I got right now. If I ad a FN barrel would this be a tier 1 gun?
View Quote

Tier 1? Far from it. Is it absolutely fine as it is? Yup.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Dream on broomstick cowboy, but you do have a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I ad a FN barrel would this be a tier 1 gun?
View Quote

Stag makes good stuff.
If you want an fn barrel buy an fn barrel.  Just put it on another upper.  Parts are cheap now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Why on another upper and not the Stag? Barrel out classes the gun?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No, he's trying to tell you that you're Stag is just fine.  He's suggesting you buy another upper receiver to mount your FN barrel on because parts are cheap now.

If you did that, you could keep your Stag intact, and have two uppers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Got it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why do you want to replace the barrel?  If it's shot out and had 15,000 rounds down the tube and your loosing accuracy i could understand wanting to salvage your current upper.
From your opening post it doesn't sound like you have done that.
Your not going to see much additional benefit from swapping out from one high quality barrel to another high quality barrel.
If you do a barrel swap your going to need to buy another bolt anyway so why not just build a second upper.  

I have a couple of fn barrels.  They are nice but not nice enough to go and do a barrel swap if i had a stag barreled upper that was good to go.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a bad habit of messing with things that don't need to be messed with and fixing things that don't need to be fixed!
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a bad habit of messing with things that don't need to be messed with and fixing things that don't need to be fixed!
View Quote
 I have a similar sickness.  It's called black rifle disease.  It turns spare parts into new rifles
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Even if he had shot 15,000 rounds out of the barrel, Stag has an infinite shot barrel warranty..They'll replace it..I love my Stag model 1, had a few problems with it when I first bought it..But Stag made it right.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#13]
What were the issues?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Even if he had shot 15,000 rounds out of the barrel, Stag has an infinite shot barrel warranty..They'll replace it..I love my Stag model 1, had a few problems with it when I first bought it..But Stag made it right.
View Quote

that just makes me want to say roll tide
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What were the issues?
View Quote

My BCG was out of specs is all I can figure..I couldn't get a mag to seat empty with the bolt closed..Sent the BCG to Stag, they sent me a replacement BCG pretty quickly..And I have been good to go since then...Other than that' it's been an awesome rifle..I put Magpul FDE furniture on it and an Aimpoint PRO..but that's been it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ROLL TIDE lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#17]
The only issue I have had with mine is it doesn't like Fiochi frangible ammo. It doesn't always chamber. Weird shaped bullet. Kind of a flattened tip. I think it's more an issue with the ammo then the gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I haven't tried that ammo..But I have fed steel and regular brass 193 and M855 ammo both .223 spec and 5.56 spec through it and have had no issues..I've probably put 500 rounds through it so far..It's been too cold up here since I bought it last Sept. to do much outdoor shooting lol..I would only do outdoor shooting if it was a necessity..Although I did take it out when it was like -5 and run 100 or so rounds through it, just to make sure should I need it in a cold weather environment it would be good to go lol
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 I have a similar sickness.  It's called black rifle disease.  It turns spare parts into new rifles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I find it fun as hell.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I'm working on an AR for my wife..I bought a Spikes lower..Going to build this one myself
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Just forget about the whole Tier groupings all together.

NCH
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, with barrels on stag's tab, I'd be using that thing like a bullet hose and build another with top of the stack parts as I see fit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Stag is GTG in my book ......Just added a 3G, I LOVE it !!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top