Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2006 12:53:03 PM EST
Does anyone have any recommendations that may help in reliably using subsonic ammo in a DPMS .22lr upper? A friend of mine wants to be able to use his with a supressor in the future, but currently it won't relibably cycle with Remington sub-sonic.

He's considered trying a reduced power hammer spring but I've had problems on my DPMS with light strikes on certain brands of ammo with a normal hammer spring.

Would lightening the firing pin spring or the recoil spring help or cause more problems? Other suggestions?

Thanks.

Martin
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:13:26 PM EST
i would think a lighter recoil spring but it would limit you to the subsonics and might cause problems with std loads.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:18:00 PM EST
My DPMS has fired hundreds if not thousands of rounds of Winchester Dynapoints, which are subsonic, without ANY problems of any kind. I suggest your friend try some other kinds of ammo besides Remington. (Most .22 shooters consider all Remington ammo to be bottom of the barrel.)
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 4:53:32 PM EST
I have a Kuehl upper that eats Rem SS like a champ and is very accurate. Tha being said, Winchester Dynapoints as stated above, are SS out of my Kuehl upper with 16 inch barrel. They shoul be between $9-13 per box of 500.

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:09:47 PM EST
Might be fine the way it is. When you add a suppressor you get extra blow back. The rifle may just function fine with Rem subs and a can.
Top Top