Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/18/2008 4:47:35 PM EDT

Hey guys I hate to brag but I am going to. My model 1 Sales arrived the other day. I put it on top of my CY6 lower. It is a tack driver and I have to tell you that this is going to cost me a lot of money in ammo. It took a long time for my upper to arrive, which was agony as my lower sat in the corner for a couple of months.

I have to tell you the upper works very well, cycles everytime and it well worth the wait and money. I went with the Model 1 because of the 20' barrel. My CY6 lower is also awsome and well worth the money. Randy at Territorial GunsmithsTHANKS!

Now it is time to throw a few more rounds down range.

Menlo
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:27:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2008 9:03:05 PM EDT by engineer2001]
Is this a .22 upper or something?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:20:50 PM EDT
My Model 1 22LR 20 inch A2 HBAR upper just arrived too!

I ordered it October 15th, arrived today. Not too shabby :-)

I haven't fired it yet, but the fit and finish so far are pretty good. It came completely dry, so after oiling the bolt assembly it is hand-cycling pretty smoothly. I will have to wait until the weekend to fire it :-(

It came with a set of hammer/trigger springs. Are they heavier or lighter than normal? Is a stiffer set of springs required for 22LR?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:10:38 PM EDT
Yes this is a dedicated .22 upper for a mil spec AR-15 lower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:12:56 PM EDT
I also received the extra spings. I called Model 1 and they indicated that some standard lower springs are too heavy, thus they cause some malfunctions. Model 1 figures that they will head off some issues by sending the extra set of springs just in case. I am lucky and my gunsmith build up my lower with a lighter set of springs to help the trigger pull. Mine has had no problems and cycles smoothly.
Top Top