Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2012 8:27:18 AM EDT
Other then the Mk262 ammo, What is good stuff to stock up on for general target shooting? How does the XM855 and 193 perform in the Mk12 platform?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Match ammo brother, factory or your own reloads. It's a precision weapon that deserves precision ammo. I know it gets xpensive feeding it which is why I reload but you can always buy Hornady steel match to save money.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
At 100 yards I get about 3 inch groups with 193 and 855 on a good day. It is good for practice but not for shooting tight groups. I get just under 1 inch with the 262 from Black Hills when I do my part.

Forgot to say that my rifle is a mod 0 with the Douglas bbl and usually the Ops 12th can is mounted.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
A rifle is only a good as the ammo you feed it

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A rifle is only a good as the ammo you feed it

Very true

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reply's guys. Yes I plan on purchasing plenty of the 77 gr. match and the rifle will be zeroed with that round. Thats mainly what I will be shooting out to 300 when its just my rifle and I.  But, I want to have some cheaper shit to have in stock for when its a fun day with friends or something at 100 yards.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top