Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:50:16 PM EDT
I'm finally getting around to assembling my AR and I just noticed that my lower parts kit did not include a bolt release spring :( Is there anything that I can use as a substitute? Or am I just fucked?
It is possible that I just dropped it, I'm looking now but I'm not expecting to find something that tiny if I did.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact the manufacturer of your LPK for a replacement.  This happens all the time, it seems, but it's usually missing detents or roll pins, based on recent posts.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Good news. Roommate found the missing spring :D
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sweet!  No waiting for another one to show up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Dang straight! I bought this lower last December so I really didnt want to wait another week or two for a replacement to show up. I think I owe my roommate a beer
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:43:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

cool, i was about to say, look everywhere!  I was missing the bolt catch roll pin from my LPK, so I built around it.
then the rear takedown pin wouldn't go through the hole...because the roll pin was wedged in the groove on the pin just snug enough i needed an ice pick to pop it out!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top