Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2003 6:36:42 PM EDT
4 more months I should be getting a mill and a lathe. Not sure which one. Someone has the machines and can't use them anymore. They aren't Mini ones. He said the lathe is large enough to turn Virgin Barrels.
I think the mill is a Briggs and Stratton with Numerical Control. I just hope my power feed is going to work with it.
Just found out about 20 min ago. I am going to look Monday at the machines.......I'm getting there
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:51:00 PM EDT
are you getting these just for your hobby or business ? to go in your garage? its sounds cool eaither way.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:33:25 AM EDT
Hobby for now. I am going to try to make 223 Receivers from scratch. I am also going to try my hand turning barrels from blanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:11:53 AM EDT
I hope you have 3 phase power in your shop, or you're screwed. Most industrial machines use this configuration and there's no easy way to convert from 220v 200a. Just lettin you know..
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:50:11 AM EDT
Actually, there's a way around that too. My dad has a lathe and mill in our basement, and no 3 phase power. You just need to get a rotophase..(sp?). Even then it isn't quite as strong as true 3 phase, he can't run the lathe at the really high speeds, but for the most part it's not a problem.
Top Top