Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 7:58:15 PM EDT
Militec is offering free samples of their products. I found this on the 1911forum.
Here is the url:

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34934&highlight=militec

I hope it works.

I ordered my samples on 6/23 and had them on 6/25. If the product is as good as the customer service, it has to be great. Some interesting info on the US military's usage on their site.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
My first test,1)removed other lubricants.
2)Applied only to rails, bolt wear spots,gas rings,extractor pin,ejector pin and spring,using q-tip on upper reciever wear spots,total less than three drops total.Ran 330 rounds of S.A.,Wolf, and hand loads.No F.toF. or other problems.Upon disassembly on bench the bolt did feel a little stiff or dragging in the carrier,and I added a drop and it loosened.Although unscientific,I am beginning to believe that a field cleaning and application of fresh lublicant may still be necessary for extended shooting sessions(Which is normal).This was done in a short gas system DPMS with chromed bolt assembly and because of the hotter gas may blow the lubricant out faster and deposits start sticking sooner.Keeping the system dry as sanely possible is a must in dusty/sandy/windy climates.I shoot a lot of 3-gun and still see that 90% still have the chambers and bolts dripping with oil.?????
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Take your gun apart and clean it, then oil with militec-1. Put in cheap disposable pans and bake it in the oven @150F (don't want to get it too hot) for several hours. Then it should work dry lubed. But I still add just a little to make sure. Militec-1 bonds with the metal, but must be baked on. They say that you can just fire it to do this, but recommend that you bake it on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Theyve been offering free samples for a long time.  Sometimes they send them sometimes they don't.  I got mine but two friends never did.  I like it though!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool, I have a free sample of Firepower FP-10, can I bake this on?
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys should also got to www.slip2000.com and get one of their samples. Works great. It is a pure synthetic that penitrates the metal and does not allow carbon, copper or plastic to buildup and what does almost wipes out with a mop. Armalite is also using it and from what I have read USMC Sniper schools are starting to use it and the Carbon Cutter. By the way, carbon cutter is the same thing as their Gas Piston Parts Cleaner or Choke tube cleaner. Gem-Tech recommends it for cleaning surpressors. If you e-maqil them, tell them that you are using it on guns.

Crisco
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using both in the shop for about 2 years now, both work really well and the customers seem to love it when you give them a handfull with a purchace.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my sample today in the mail of the lube and grease.  When I emailed for the sample I figured what the hell, may as well ask for both.  
Does the grease have a use for firearms application or is it just a household and auto grease?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya beat me to it... I ordered the grease just for the heck of it too. What can I use it for on my firearms? Don't have and AR's or AK's, just a slide action rifle and a bolt action .22.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top