Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 2:21:22 AM EDT
I will be ordering a RRA Elite Car A4 this week.  I have been tring to decide if I would order one of their 4 rail free float handguards or if I would add one later I understand that some require more disasembly then I am qualified to do.  I am not really happy wit the way either of the ones offered by RRA look.  Upon the suggestion of someone on another forum I have been considering a Midwest Industries free float 4 rail handguard. I was wondering if anyone has had any one of these and what they think about it.  otherwise just let me know what you thing of them over all or what you have heard about them.  Tey guy that suggested it said it was reaaly nice.

If anyone has a pic of one installed on thier rifle post it here and let's take a look.  

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I have handled some installed ones at funshows, but never fired with one.  They lock up very tight and seem to be good value for the money.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the MI FF on my SAM-R clone. No complaints here.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]

This is my boy, he really likes it. I got mine from BravoCo, great price and service!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one on my carbine courtesy of Bravo Co. and I really like it.  No complaints thus far.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Some Very nice Pics guys.  A couple more questions:  Are they pretty easy to install yourself?  If ordering the Mid Length one to replace the Mid length handguard  I can still use the same front sight and gas block, correct?  

Keep the pics coming if someone else has some.  Also anyone else want to weight in on them please let us know what you think.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:04:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Buy with confidence.  I love my MI rail systems.  They are top notch quality at an unbeatable  price.

As for installation, the tricky part is the delta ring removal.  The proper way is to remove the barrel to access the Delta ring's snap ring.  If you don't have the resources (like a lot of guys) then the other popular method is to use a Dremel tool to cut off the Delta ring.

Yes, the MI #21 will fit your mid-length barrel keeping the original FSB and handguard cap intact.

I run the MI #20 and MI #22 on my rifles;

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:15:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got two MI #20's. Solid, lined up perfectly with my Bushmaster flat top. No problems other than they are wide.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Some Very nice Pics guys.  A couple more questions:  Are they pretty easy to install yourself?  If ordering the Mid Length one to replace the Mid length handguard  I can still use the same front sight and gas block, correct?  

Keep the pics coming if someone else has some.  Also anyone else want to weight in on them please let us know what you think.  

They are pretty easy to install yourself.  I had to Dremel off my delta ring assembly which I would say is the hardest part.  It just takes some patience.  Here are some pics of mine:

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Carbine length:

Middy length:

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]
That is some great information, Thanks!  

I haven't decided if I will attempt the modification or just have the gunsmith I am ordering the gun through do it.  He is only charging a very small fee for the transfer so I wouldn't mind giving him some business.  

Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top