Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/18/2006 4:55:25 PM EDT
I haven't had a decent build to post for a while, so I'm quite pleased to post this one. I put together an M4gery several months ago but was never quite satisfied with the way it handled with its heavy-under-the-handguards barrel.

This build uses one of CMMG's 14.5" + perm attached FH barrels with mid-gas system. It's a nice, light build that I'm happy to have. I'm increasingly coming to the opinion that simpler is better.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it !
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
nice
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
To ask? Does a bayo work on this upper?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool build

Quoted:
I'm increasingly coming to the opinion that simpler is better.

a big +1 on that. I'm right there with ya buddy! The "pimp out my AR" thing has gotten way out of hand IMO
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#7]
14.5 middy.   Perfect!  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Honestly, I really like it.  It is functional and exhibits almost all that is needed in a defensive arm.  The only thing I would reccomend would be the addition of a light.  To keep it light weight, I would suggest the Pentagon X2 with a tape switch, I have this light and for the money I am beyond impressed with it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the input, guys.

Quoted:
Nice clean functional rifle Feral.  I like these a lot.

Well, since some of your parts are in the build, I'd say "you made it possible." BTW, thanks a bunch for sending me sequential numbers on those lowers I just got from you. I appreciate that and, the lowers look great!

Quoted:

Good question. I asked myself the same question--and don't know the answer. The chances of me mounting a bayonet to this carbine are slim to none. I wouldn't mind knowing the answer though. If it's "no," I'd be tempted to dremel off the lug--not much sense in having a "feature" that doesn't work.

Quoted:
a big +1 on that. I'm right there with ya buddy! The "pimp out my AR" thing has gotten way out of hand IMO

Not to mention the fact that "pimping" gets real expensive real fast. The upper on the one build I have that's "pimped" probably cost twice as much as this whole build. And, frankly, I can't shoot it any better than I can shoot this one.

Quoted:
Honestly, I really like it. It is functional and exhibits almost all that is needed in a defensive arm. The only thing I would reccomend would be the addition of a light. To keep it light weight, I would suggest the Pentagon X2 with a tape switch, I have this light and for the money I am beyond impressed with it.

A nice lightweight light would be a nice addition. I'll check out the one you mention. (Might have to sell some stuff on the EE to fund it.......)
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:59:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks good to me.  I actually have that same exact barrel waiting to be built.  I've got the upper and almost everything ready to go but the action block.  Mine will be staying relatively simple as well, only sporting an ACOG, BUIS, and sling.  No other gadgetry on this one.

Have you shot it yet?  It would be good to know what to expect from my barrel.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:33:33 AM EDT
[#11]
nicely done
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:47:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I see a middy build in my near future. Great job!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:14:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No. At 14.5" OAL, it would not have enough barrel out in front of the FSB for a standard Bayo.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. At 14.5" OAL, it would not have enough barrel out in front of the FSB for a standard Bayo.

Thanks for the info. Maybe if I run out of other gun related things to do, I'll dremel off that lug some day. Unless, of course, someone offers a compelling reason to keep it.

jollyroger, I've only got 50 rounds through this build, so I don't really know yet how it will shoot. I was getting 2" groups at 50 yards off a bench w/ no bags and shooting BH blue box 55 gr SP. I didn't think it was one of my better shooting sessions, so I think the barrel will do better. We'll see.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I like it a lot !

Thats a KEEPER
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top