Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:39:23 PM EDT
After studying various discussions of the "best electronic hearing protection" I decided to order a set of MePaBlu muffs.
see here for background.  
sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/505108424

iShot was selling them, but said they were sold out and backordered, but now don't list them at all.  Through the BrianEnos (pistol shooting) forums, I found this guy who sells them:  
www.mle-shootingsports.com/

He had a pair in stock and they are on route.  
They look good.  I'll play with them and post a review.  

I picked these over the Sordins because they kill more noise (the Sordins don't really have a very high noise supresion rating), and the MePaBlus look more comfortable.  For what I want (mostly USPSA competition pistol shooting) these seem better.  The MePaBlus have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 27 db (which is about what I want), my current non-electronic muffs are rated for 30 db and I always use plugs with them to get about 35 db total. The Sordins only have an NRR rating of 18 db, which is maybe good for real firefights, but not very good for use at the range a lot.

Here's the discussion at the BrianEnos forum:
www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30400&hl=Mepablu

and here's a review by MilitaryMorons:
www.militarymorons.com/equipment/he...ar.html#mepablu
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top