Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 10:37:07 AM EDT
Whats do you guys think of this BUIS? I just got one and the flip-up sight post doesn't seem very solid when up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody has one?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered one and am waiting for it to arrive.  My guard unit uses them on our M-4s, and I've been very pleased.  They seem really rugged, hold their zero well.  Haven't had any complaints, and these have seen a lot of use in OEF and OIF.  They're mostly in the down position behind the aimpoints, but there have been no malfunctions that I'm aware of.  I personally like them a lot.  Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks; I'll zero it and see how it holds. Thats the only real concern; otherwise, like you said very rugged and a neat design.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there anyway to tell if the Matechs starting to show up are the REAL DEAL?  My local dealer got some in.  They are in a plastic bag only with no paperwork.  I'd hate to drop $100 for what could be a cheap knock-off.  

OB_1
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine came in blue corrosion resistent MIL-type plastic with zero'ing and lubrication instructions.
I got mine on Ebay. Paid $80.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The sight is heavy compared to other BUIS and I can see no reason to need a back up iron sight that can be adjusted to 600m. I sold the one I had and went back to a KAC 300m sight. I also carry my rifle for a living so it may be the perfect sight for you. I only need my BUIS when my M68 goes down, and it hasn't happened yet. The one I had had seemed very solid when up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm using one on my .50 Beowulf upper. It is holding up fine, and the  easy adjust on the range is great for the wulf's cannonball trajectory.
I also use ARMS 40, 40L,  and Troy, my order of preference is:
1-Troy
2-Matech
3-ARMS 40 (old school)
4-ARMS 40 (new style)
5 -ARMS 40L

YMMV
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top