Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2003 4:50:04 PM EDT
Ok guys. I saw a guy on a discovery channel special about SEALs using one and a Guy in the Movie "Tears of the Sun" Sniper in the tree, I saw One at the GUn show a while back and thats the only way I know the name of it.
It was going for about $400.00
Can anyone give me a quick run down on how it compares to say an ACOG, CQ/T. Is it a Quality Glass optic or just another Knock off.
Any history or experiance would help. I found their web page a couple weeks ago seems nice  But......................
Thanks
cp
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I JUST PICKED ONE UP (USED)BUT IN PERFECT CONDITION OFF EBAY WITH THE HELP OF ANOTHER MENBER (THANKS CRAIG). SO FAR I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY WITH IT.OPTICS ARE SUPER CLEAR LIGHT TRANSMISSION IS GREAT.I HAVE SHOOT SEVERAL DAYS THAT WERE DARK AND OVERCAST WITH NO TROUBLE.THE I.R. WORKS VERY WELL,SHOWING THE RETICLE WITHOUT A LOT OF BLEEDOVER OFF THE LINES.THE SCOPE IS MOUNTED ON THE CARRY HANDLE OF A COLT MATCH TARGET WITH A 20" BARREL,THE HEIGHT IS COMFORTABLE AND GROUPINGS WERE VERY TIGHT ONCE I GOT IT ZEROED IN.JUST NEED MORE TIME TO SHOOT.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
mac5
Dont we all (need more time to shoot) Thats cool, it looks like a good package, Hows the eye relief? and if you dont mind, how much did you give for it?
Hey where in ohio are you, Im in the dayton area.
cp
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Mac5, was that you that I sent the epay link, oh, about 6 mo. back?  I'm glad to hear it is working for you.  Been very happy with mine.  You need to remember to keep the battery cap screwed down pretty good to keep the reticle from slightly flickering during recoil.  Once you screw it down once, you're good to go.  I may me selling mine if I go to a TA-31F.....but every time I leave the range I see no reason to spend and extra $600 for the ACOG.  The Elite IR is built like a tank.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
CP
EYE RELIEF SEEMS FINE TO ME,IT'S COMFORTABLE TO ME.PAID $320 FOR IT (COULD HAVE HAD IT FOR 250 IF I WOULD HAVE GOT IN ON THE FIRST TIME IT WAS UP FOR BID,OH WELL)AS FAR AS WERE I LIVE,I'M JUST WEST OF LIMA IN ELIDA.

CLEOPHIS
I WAS SENT THE LINK 4/5 MONTHS AGO I THINK GO TO ASKING ABOUT THE ELITE OFF A POST ABOUT IT HAVING BAC I THINK HIS HANDLE WAS LIKE KAR98 ??
AND THE NAME WAS CRAIG,I LOST ALL THE INFO WHEN MY COMPUTER CRASHED.I WISH I COULD REMEMBER FOR SURE OR FIND IT SO I COULD THANK HIM.AND IF I'M WRONG AND IT WAS YOU,THANKS
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Mac, that was me.  Glad you got the scope and are pleased with it.  I may sell mine if I get a work bonus and try to find a TA-31F (!).  Problem is, I have a hard time justifying it.  
Cheers,
Craig
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I'M GLAD YOU SAW THIS POST THEN,IWAS WAY OFF ON THE HANDLE BUT I DID HAVE THE NAME RIGHT.AND I REALLY DID WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP IN FINDING THE SCOPE.I HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH IT.
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK TO YOU,BUT HAVEN'T BEEN ON LINE IN AWHILE.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I Don't mean to sound stupid, but it's 3:300 AM What scope are we talking About. Thanks John
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
THE SCOPE IS THE MARKSMAN ELITE IR FROM C.M.O.
(COMBAT MILITARY OPTICS)ITS A COMPACT 4X SCOPE. VERY GOOD OPTICS,THEY CLAIM THAT THE LIGHT TRANSMISSION IS SO GOOD YOU CAN SHOT WITH A GOOD MOON LIGHT(HAVEN'T TRIED THAT ONE YET) COMPANY HAS BEEN OUT OF STOCK FOR A WHILE. SOMEBODY SAID DUE TO MILITARY ORDERS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top