Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2019 10:03:55 AM EDT
Anybody try this stuff yet?

I've been waiting for a slightly lighter 300blk otm to hit the market. Gel tests of the Reminton 120g otm show decent fragmentation/terminal ballistics...even out of an 8", but imo it is pretty anemic. Struggle to get 1900 fps out of my 8".

At .15cpr cheaper than the Remington, and an additional 80-100fps mv, me thinks this may be a pretty decent shtf round to stack deep at a fairly reasonable price provided the bullet construction allows for fragmenting at 300blk velocities.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd also be very interested in hearing anything on this.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got some in a couple weeks ago, but haven’t had a chance to test it yet. ETA... ran a box last weekend functions fine in 10.5 pistol and 25m blasting was all in the black on E silhouette.

Will see if I can to the range this weekend and give some feedback on longer range accuracy.

I’ve had good results with their 123gr FMJ and 200gr Subs as well as MagTech’s 5.56 77gr OTM accuracy-wise.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I went out last Sunday to do some backwoods testing on these and my Chrono would not turn on.

Shooting with an 8" into water jugs I did not see any signs of fragmentation and the bullet did not stay on course. - much like a FMJ, though I'm guessing it probably tumbled earlier and more violently.

Accuracy seemed fine to me, but that is really not what I go after.

I'm pissed my chrono took a dump, and a little disappointed that I didn't see any signs of fragmentation.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Well that's off the list. Pretty much knew as OTM's require a fairly high velocity.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 2:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that's off the list. Pretty much knew as OTM's require a fairly high velocity.
View Quote
You're right they normally do, but after seeing Andrew's (Chopping Block/Arf15.com) test of the Rem. 120g OTM I had some hope.

I wouldn't consider these for HD, but it may not be bad for stacking deep for other occasions.

Like to see a true GEL test of these. I bet with the open tip it yaws fairly early and leaves a pretty decent wound cavity.

Ordering another Chronograph, so hopefully I'll get some velocity numbers in the next couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally got out with the new chrony.

Magtech 115G OT FPS from an 8" Ballistic Advantage @ 70 degrees:

Av. 2072-fps

Not bad, and very consistent. Below is their 123g fmj I shot today for comparison:

Av. 2002-fps
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top