Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 5:21:08 PM EDT
I have a few questions about the Vltor mainly.

-Will it shatter if it is dropped or shot?  Is it as durable as my 2003 RRA 6-position?

-My RRA 6-pos has a little bit of play between the stock and buffer tube, does the Vltor have any at all?  I hear the M93 has none, it's as if it's like 1 peice when it's locked in, is this true?

-How does the cheekweld compare to a Magpul M93?  It looks like it has a drop off when it's in the extended position just like the 4-6 position stocks.

-Does M93 or Vltor have the larger surface area at the buttplate?  Which one is heavier?

-Does the M93 have a battery compartment?

-Why is the Vltor clubfoot any better than standard?  Is it a looks thing or what?

-How much does the Vltor cost?

-Any other things you'd like to add?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The Magpul feels like one piece even when not locked. There's no unnecessary play at all. The VLTOR is the tightest of any telestock I've ever handled, but it's not in the same league as the M93. Apples and Oranges.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Personally, the only time I'd put batteries on the stock is if I had a balance issue. Magpul is developing an attachment that holds batteries to the side rails.
I've never had the oportunity to train with a weapon with bateries mounted in the rear. Is it faster than say in a LBV?
The Magpul will give you many more preset locations to adjust the stock to the 'perfect' length for you. I have two, and there is absolutely no play whatsoever in it when locked. Unlocked, I don't want to say it wiggles, but you can tell a difference in how firm it is.
Still stronger than any collapsible stock I have ever used. I haven't gotten to use the Vltor as of late though.
Magpul is developing strike plates for the buttstock. I've heard of a steel and rubber one in development. I'd feel comfortable beating someone down with the stock as is.
If looks play any roll (which they do) the Magpul is better looking IMO. I don't know what type of work you're in, but a bad guy sizes up the opposititions tools. This thing looks like you just robbed Robocop and took his shit, expecially if you have a SIR rail up front.
I'd piss my pants if I was on the down wind side of it.
-Steve
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
"This thing looks like you just robbed Robocop and took his shit, expecially if you have a SIR rail up front.
I'd piss my pants if I was on the down wind side of it."

ROTFLMAO! That's great :-)

-Cap'n
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top