Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/21/2005 11:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 3:25:45 AM EDT by Tomislav]
So I slapped it on my M4gery:

Installation took a few minutes, but was straight-forward enough that even I could figure it out. The stock is sturdy as all hell, and once that strike plate is on, the urge to butt-stroke something is awful powerful...

Money well spent, IMO. The only things left to do on my M4gery is to get a light. (And maybe swap the pistol grip, but I sorta like the A2. Maybe I'll give the TD Battlegrip a try, or wait for the new MIAD to come out). My 20" AR isn't seeing much use lately...these M4geries may be more than a passing fad, methinks!

Hats off to Magpul for making this damned fine product, and Denny (globaltactical.com) for getting the stock to me so darned quickly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:14:00 AM EDT
i got mine the other week and like it too!

and i agree about the strike plate does urge you to do damge!.. but the good thing about it is that it does its job

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:19:20 AM EDT
Great looking carbine specially with the new Magpul stock.

I'm planning on getting one for my A4gery rifle in coyote brown color, but I heard there could be a little wait until they release it.

Could you list the other details of your rig?

Here's a link of my M4gery, it's the second one from the bottom of the page.

M4gery Pic Thread link
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:32:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 1:35:19 AM EDT by Tomislav]
Lower: RRA
Upper: LMT 16" w/A2 suppressor M4-style from Bravocompany
Handguards: KAC M4
Magpul trigger guard
VFG: KAC
BUIS: KAC 300M
Aimpoint mount: KAC (Ya, I love KAC stuff. What of it?!? )
Aimpoint CompML2
Magpul M93B w/strike plate and 'standard' style sling loop (not pictured)
CQB MOUT Sling (not pictured)

I am thinking of adding:
KAC 1" light mount, and maybe a Pentagon light. No remote switch, though. Just can't get used to those.

TD Battlegrip or MIAD. I need battery storage...

A 'three point' sling. The MOUT is a great sling, no doubt, but there is extreme danger of slamming the carbine into your man-sack when transitioning. Not fun!

Like I said, this is my first carbine. Only 4 inches shorter than my rifles, but damn is it handy. Me like.

ETA: I see you have a MIAD. How are the 'pre-productions'? Worth buying, in your opinion? I've had such good luck with Magpul stuff that I am tempted to get one, but on the other hand, I could wait a few weeks...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:12:06 PM EDT
My MIAD grip is great and it fits me real well because of it's adjustable panels. I prefer the no finger groove front strap because I'm used to my former A1 grip.

Even if it's a pre-production model, Magpul is going to have an exchange program for upgrades to the final production version when it comes out soon. I will exchange mine because I don't like the uneven edge common to the rear of the trigger area. Magpul has one of the best customer service in the industry that's why I keep coming back. That's why I got ther trigger guard, enhanced follower and Ranger plates also.

My current M4gery is my only carbine for now but I had two Colt carbines before. One was a mid 80's A1 and the second was a'89 A2 Sporter Lightweight. My future next project would be a Recon type carbine.

As for a TAC light I'm looking into the Gladius and I'm just waiting for a few owner's reviews before I get it.

I'm currently working on my Colt 20-inch Gov't. profile A4gery, right now I'm upgrading it to the A3 flat top and waiting for the tan Magpul 93B stock. I won't put a Knights M5 RAS rail on it but I already have my Samson MRFS-R free floating rail instead. I like the Samson because I also don't have to disassemble the barrel to install the rail.

I bought and will buy most of my parts at the EE and I noticed we have some similar suppliers like Denny, Bravo Co. and G & R Tactical. I bought my LMT upper group from Legal Transfers because they had the best price at the EE at the time I bought it and I'm just waiting for my LMT CAR lower to match my uppers in about a week or two. My carbine is also my favorite because it's so handy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:43:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Alpha-Romeo3:
I'm currently working on my Colt 20-inch Gov't. profile A4gery, right now I'm upgrading it to the A3 flat top and waiting for the tan Magpul 93B stock. I won't put a Knights M5 RAS rail on it but I already have my Samson MRFS-R free floating rail instead. I like the Samson because I also don't have to disassemble the barrel to install the rail.

I hear good things about the Samson rail, but I am a bit squeemish about cutting the whachamacallit-ring off. I may throw a ARMS SIR on my 20" as a easy way of floating the barrel. Who knows. I am planning to Krylon the carbine one of these days, and that may give me the courage to take a dremel to the 20".

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:36:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2005 4:37:43 AM EDT by Matt_B]
Congrats. You have a great stock and you will appreciate its solidity more and more. I swapped out (2) M93As for M93Bs this weekend. Hopefully I will receive the (2) OD M93Bs in a couple of weeks.

The texture on the M93Bs is flatter than the texture of the M93A/A2s and the coating on locking claws is matte vs. the shiny finish on the M93A/A2s. Subtle differences but I noticed.

Also, the Tango Down BattlGrip is smaller (in diameter) than an A2 grip. I've got a couple of TD grips on my ARs now and I don't like them. I will be replacing them with MIADs soon. I have a MIAD grip on my 9mm AR and I love it. It fits my hand perfectly.
Top Top