Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 11:06:59 PM EDT
So I slapped it on my M4gery:

Installation took a few minutes, but was straight-forward enough that even I could figure it out. The stock is sturdy as all hell, and once that strike plate is on, the urge to butt-stroke something is awful powerful...

Money well spent, IMO. The only things left to do on my M4gery is to get a light. (And maybe swap the pistol grip, but I sorta like the A2. Maybe I'll give the TD Battlegrip a try, or wait for the new MIAD to come out). My 20" AR isn't seeing much use lately...these M4geries may be more than a passing fad, methinks!

Hats off to Magpul for making this damned fine product, and Denny (globaltactical.com) for getting the stock to me so darned quickly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:14:00 AM EDT
[#1]
i got mine the other week and like it too!

and i agree about the strike plate does urge you to do damge!.. but the good thing about it is that it does its job

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Great looking carbine specially with the new Magpul stock.

I'm planning on getting one for my A4gery rifle in coyote brown color, but I heard there could be a little wait until they release it.

Could you list the other details of your rig?

Here's a link of my M4gery, it's the second one from the bottom of the page.

M4gery Pic Thread link
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Lower: RRA
Upper: LMT 16" w/A2 suppressor M4-style from Bravocompany
Handguards: KAC M4
Magpul trigger guard
VFG: KAC
BUIS: KAC 300M
Aimpoint mount: KAC (Ya, I love KAC stuff. What of it?!? )
Aimpoint CompML2
Magpul M93B w/strike plate and 'standard' style sling loop (not pictured)
CQB MOUT Sling (not pictured)

I am thinking of adding:
KAC 1" light mount, and maybe a Pentagon light. No remote switch, though. Just can't get used to those.

TD Battlegrip or MIAD. I need battery storage...

A 'three point' sling. The MOUT is a great sling, no doubt, but there is extreme danger of slamming the carbine into your man-sack when transitioning. Not fun!

Like I said, this is my first carbine. Only 4 inches shorter than my rifles, but damn is it handy. Me like.

ETA: I see you have a MIAD. How are the 'pre-productions'? Worth buying, in your opinion? I've had such good luck with Magpul stuff that I am tempted to get one, but on the other hand, I could wait a few weeks...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
My MIAD grip is great and it fits me real well because of it's adjustable panels. I prefer the no finger groove front strap because I'm used to my former A1 grip.

Even if it's a pre-production model, Magpul is going to have an exchange program for upgrades to the final production version when it comes out soon. I will exchange mine because I don't like the uneven edge common to the rear of the trigger area. Magpul has one of the best customer service in the industry that's why I keep coming back. That's why I got ther trigger guard, enhanced follower and Ranger plates also.

My current M4gery is my only carbine for now but I had two Colt carbines before. One was a mid 80's A1 and the second was a'89 A2 Sporter Lightweight. My future next project would be a Recon type carbine.

As for a TAC light I'm looking into the Gladius and I'm just waiting for a few owner's reviews before I get it.

I'm currently working on my Colt 20-inch Gov't. profile A4gery, right now I'm upgrading it to the A3 flat top and waiting for the tan Magpul 93B stock. I won't put a Knights M5 RAS rail on it but I already have my Samson MRFS-R free floating rail instead. I like the Samson because I also don't have to disassemble the barrel to install the rail.

I bought and will buy most of my parts at the EE and I noticed we have some similar suppliers like Denny, Bravo Co. and G & R Tactical. I bought my LMT upper group from Legal Transfers because they had the best price at the EE at the time I bought it and I'm just waiting for my LMT CAR lower to match my uppers in about a week or two. My carbine is also my favorite because it's so handy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm currently working on my Colt 20-inch Gov't. profile A4gery, right now I'm upgrading it to the A3 flat top and waiting for the tan Magpul 93B stock. I won't put a Knights M5 RAS rail on it but I already have my Samson MRFS-R free floating rail instead. I like the Samson because I also don't have to disassemble the barrel to install the rail.

I hear good things about the Samson rail, but I am a bit squeemish about cutting the whachamacallit-ring off. I may throw a ARMS SIR on my 20" as a easy way of floating the barrel. Who knows. I am planning to Krylon the carbine one of these days, and that may give me the courage to take a dremel to the 20".

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats. You have a great stock and you will appreciate its solidity more and more. I swapped out (2) M93As for M93Bs this weekend. Hopefully I will receive the (2) OD M93Bs in a couple of weeks.

The texture on the M93Bs is flatter than the texture of the M93A/A2s and the coating on locking claws is matte vs. the shiny finish on the M93A/A2s. Subtle differences but I noticed.

Also, the Tango Down BattlGrip is smaller (in diameter) than an A2 grip. I've got a couple of TD grips on my ARs now and I don't like them. I will be replacing them with MIADs soon. I have a MIAD grip on my 9mm AR and I love it. It fits my hand perfectly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top