Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2004 7:30:08 PM EST
Do I use a regular carbine buffer & spring with the M93A?
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:34:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 8:14:08 PM EST by Combat_Jack]
Standard buffer and spring, or standard spring and H buffer.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:35:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 7:36:00 PM EST by Perfectforce]
The magpul uses an H buffer and shorter spring. You can check them out at the links below. When I ordered mine from the EE it came with the new H buffer and spring

www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/buffers/

www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/pins.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:53:55 PM EST
yes it uses a standard carbine spring and buffer... i used the lmt h-buffer for mine with an LMT spring...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:37:05 AM EST
Does The H buffer have an advantage over the standard carbine buffer?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:52:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By midrange:

yes, it's heavier
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:37:31 AM EST
I bought mine from BRAVO COMPANY and they include a FREE spring and H buffer. Paul also has to be one of the best people on earth to deal with, often answering my questions and chatting at MIDNIGHT. Awesome customer service!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:02:05 PM EST
H buffer lowers the full auto cyclic rate and reduces felt recoil.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:35:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By norman74:

yes, it's heavier

Plus it weighs more .

Most semi's run fine with a standard.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:40:16 PM EST
yeah, i got mine from paul at bravo, and he was one of the best people i've done business with, since i started builing my AR. I love my m-93, the only thing i don't like is that when it's completely closed, the release kinda digs into my hand, but i just don't close it all the way.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:53:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By bsbg:

Originally Posted By norman74:

yes, it's heavier

Plus it weighs more .

Most semi's run fine with a standard.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but It is a bit heavier....
And I think it weighs more.....

Has anyone else with a Magpul stock noticed that the threads fit very tightly in the Reciever?
I mean VERY Tightly! Like a Lock nut I just put one on my carbine and notice right away how tight it went on. Had to work on the threads a bit with a thread file to get it to thread all the way on.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:43:30 PM EST
I experienced the opposite. The shims didn't quite add up so I could either leave some slop in the shims or be too damn tight. Then when I placed the devices on the bottom the tube was too tight to let them get in place w/o distortion. I would have allowed the slop if the threads had been tight, but there was wobble so it was a no-go for that tactic. (I have BM lower) I eventually had to sand the shim, and trim the tube. All is well now, I just want the loop to come in real quick, I hate an incomplete gun!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:52:04 PM EST
My Bushy had issues with the install as well. I chalk it up to it being a Bushy. I had to dremel the receiver extension from the stock a bit to get everything to fit. It's on now and I'm happy with it. I also need to get one of those loops....
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:56:46 PM EST
Ya, I'm happy so far, and I'll never have another rifle or shotgun w/o a loop, makes it too useful.
Top Top