Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:08:36 PM EDT
This is a different 10 shot magazine for my Bushmaster than is shown in the manual. In the Bushmaster catalog....the only place I saw this magazine was on the Stainless Varmint Special. It described as a hunting mag. I am trying to figure out how to disassemble it for cleaning. You would think that you would need to depress the round button or catch on the side near the bottom of the mag...but it does not move....I used a pin punch to try to depress it...Any ideas on the disassmbley of this magazine?

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/hainespd/DSC01537.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/hainespd/DSC01540.jpg
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:51:11 PM EDT
I pretty certain that this particular magazine can not be dis-ass'd.

You'll get more feedback by posting or cross/posting this in the AR15 magazine forum located here: www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=3&f=17

Sly
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:15:09 PM EDT
I have three of these. They do not come apart.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:20:49 PM EDT
Ok guys....thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:54:11 AM EDT
Actually, you can get these old BM mags apart. Using a small tubular cutter like a mini hole saw, cut down concentrically around the small pin in the floorplate until you are through the epoxy plug and far enough down until you can grasp the pin with some needle-nosed pliers. Pull out the small pin, then push out the large pin that's inserted through the side of the mag body. The thing is now apart.

You can reassemble it easily. Just don't epoxy over the small pin.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:15:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pdh:
I am trying to figure out how to disassemble it for cleaning.

What is this cleaning you speak of?

Spray 'em down & out with non chlorinated brake cleaner and shake off the excess. Done.

Some day I'll get around to doing it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:11:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/20/2008 5:13:05 PM EDT by pdh]
h...greg..I

Not having any problems with this mag...but will probably order a couple bushy mags down the road.....

Thanks also Russ for the info
Top Top