Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2004 8:57:09 AM EDT
Ill tell ya pretty muchdismiss most tactical accessories as over kill or use less my aimpoint being the only acessorie I own.My buddy bought me a mag cinch as I said I would never get it because I thought it was useless.Now that I have it on I have to say a second reload is very fast compared to having to get a mag from my chest or side pouch.I love it,its strong and convienent and relevant and increases my fire power by 1 mag wich is good too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Never tried one.  But I think most people that do use them like them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Israeli metal mag coupler with 100 mph tape on my home D Carbean.  (thanks, Lumpy for the tape tip)

I love the quick extra firepower availability, although God Help me if I ever really needed it.  I'd like to get a mag cinch too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 9:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't like the mag-cinch, for some reason it kept coming lose no matter how much I tightened it.

I switched to the First Samco mag coupler and have had 0 problems since. I carry my AR for duty and I keep the jungle clipped mags in the gun, in case I have to evac the car in a hurry and don't have time to retrieve my mag carrier (which contains three more 30 rounders). I really like having the second mag readily available.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the SAMCO unit Sturdy?
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the First samco units and I like it alot. It is sturdy and does not loosen up at all.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have one of the First samco units and I like it alot. It is sturdy and does not loosen up at all.

I like it for having more ammo right there. But, I have found in mag #2 the top round rides foreward out of the mag while firing mag #1.

Solution?

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a Johnson Redi-mag and love it.  They aren't that expensive either and comes with a lining to use so that your receiver finish doesn't get scratched.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I use a Johnson Redi-mag and love it.  They aren't that expensive either and comes with a lining to use so that your receiver finish doesn't get scratched.

New or old model? Is the bolt release still easy access? -Justin
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New or old model? Is the bolt release still easy access? -Justin

I didn't know that there was a new and old model.  I don't know which mine is.  I bought it from DPMS about 6 months ago.  It works perfectly and I've never had a problem with it.  The function of the bolt release is a little button on the Redi-mag (smaller than the one on the AR itself), but I've never had any problems with it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like it for having more ammo right there. But, I have found in mag #2 the top round rides foreward out of the mag while firing mag #1.

Solution?

powercustom.com/catalog/images/ARMagCover.jpg

That is what I do. I have the mag cinch. I use it at the range every time I shoot, it does add some heft to the rifle, but unlike the ready mag, you can remove it. I'd like try the israeli mag coupler, but haven't gotten around to it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
That was my problem with the Mag Cinch, i don't use a plastic cover because it slow down my reloading time.  I just be careful on my mag change and make sure rteh round is positioned correctly.

The Mag Cinch is the best solution at this time.  cinch down extra tight and it is light weight and out of the way after the first mag chage.  once the two magazine are spent, then go to the magazines in your pouches. of course if you are not in the military and you need more then 60 rounds in a fire fight, you are in some very serious trouble.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the idea, but the round sliding forward under recoil was enough to make me sell mine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the replys fellas.Looks like I have a couple more different ones to try,and Ill look for the round moving forward in the second mag when I try it out over the week end..927
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I went to my local gun store to buy a mag-pouch but they didn't have what I wanted so, seeing as I'm  afflicted with this danged "Black Rifle Disease" and had to buy something, I picked up the First Samco Mag coupler.

It's great and all but... because the space between the two mags is limited, I can't use my LULA loader to load the second mag.

Actually, I can load the second mag just fine but I can't get the danged loader off afterwards! I had to unscrew the coupler and take everything apart to remove the loader...

The coupler is tucked back into the packaging with the reciept tucked under it... I'm not sure if I'll return it now or not...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top