Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 12:11:57 PM EDT
I shoot 3 gun with my AR so I like fast reloads. Most courses 60 rounds is plenty so I have been using a MAG CINCH to hold two 30's and keep another 30 in my back pocket just in case.

The mag cinch brand are fine but I picked up a plastic/nylon coupler made by FOBUS. I think it is a great product.
I have not shot a match with these so I cant say how well they will hold up. They seem to be well made and should work fine.

A big plus is the price of the MAG CINCH are $19.99 and the FOBUS are 9.99. save 10.00.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
In the long run, the Mag Cinch will hold your magazines more reliably than the Fobus/First Samco thingie. I have both.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the weak link in the fobus ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the fabric band of the Mag Cinch takes a tighter grip against the magazine than the plastic covered Fobus rig.
And if you buy Buffer Technologies new Mag Cinch Tool you can really tighten up the bands.
[url=www.buffertech.com/mc_tool.htm]Mag Cinch Tool [/url]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think the fabric band of the Mag Cinch takes a tighter grip against the magazine than the plastic covered Fobus rig.
And if you buy Buffer Technologies new Mag Cinch Tool you can really tighten up the bands.
[url=www.buffertech.com/mc_tool.htm]Mag Cinch Tool [/url]
View Quote

WINNER IS THE Mag Cinch....
the Fobus mag coupler has needed to be retightened a few times and now will allow the mags to slid alittle if they are pushed in opposing directions. The mag cinch also needed to be adjust a few times but they still will not allow slipping.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the Israeli spring steel clips with one rap of 100mph tape.

I dont one more thing on my gun that stays together with screws.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]
With a wrap of tape the fobus would be fine too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the fobus system and i have my 40's in them. The screws stay together just fine so far. But I did put some on the screw itself some blue locktite. Once these are together. I am not able to get them apart. pulling them or banging them. I also got these for about 7.50 ea on ebay.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top