Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2006 9:27:12 AM EDT
I have beeen reading about the diference betweem the comercial and military frt sights and carry handles. I assume the LMT complete upper came with a military frt sight base.  Is an Armalite detachable carry handle the correct height to work ??  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I think LMT makes one also. I belive I saw it on there website.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have beeen reading about the diference betweem the comercial and military frt sights and carry handles. I assume the LMT complete upper came with a military frt sight base.  Is an Armalite detachable carry handle the correct height to work ??  Thanks.

You're correct LMT has the correct taller front sight base (FSB) for flat top upper receivers.

Armalite, LMT and other brands detachable carry handle are mostly the same and they should work.

I tried my other brand carbine's carry handle on my LMT upper without any problems.

A better way than the carry handle is the fixed BUIS or a cut carry handle because when you use optics you could still use it, but if you have a carry handle you either take it off or cut it off.

I have a LMT fixed BUIS now and I'm finding out that I don't really need the height adjustment for my carbine, I'm going to go with the LaRue QD BUIS model LT103 next.

LaRue Fixed QD BUIS model LT103

The Big Bad BUIS FAQ thread link

Photo of my LMT Defender 2000 M4gery with LMT Fixed BUIS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top