Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 6:54:14 PM EDT
Does anyone have the M-44 handguard by First Samco installed on their ar15?  I am thinking of buying one to put on my soon to arrive RRA M4 Tactical Entry.  It has 4 picatinny rails to attach accessories.  You can see it at www.firstsamco.com  
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a set...they're ok, I got 'em at Midway at dealer price of $91.  I would imagine they could be tough to get on without a handguard tool; you've got to press down really hard on the delta ring, line 'em up, then give 'em a whack to get 'em to seat right.  A 3 handed job lol.  

As far as function, they seem fairly sturdy, and they're tight, so they don't rattle around or move.  The first samco stuff that goes on them can be loose, a few other folks have said that as well.  

I think you might be better off with a bonafide rail system;  check out the FIRSH that olympic sells...you might have to pay a smith to install them, but they're gonna be much sturdier in the long run.  If you don't have a muzzle brake to worry about, you can install them yourself, really, if you have the tools.  

If that isn't an option, the M44 are much better than just attaching a rial to the bottom of your existing handguards.  I'd prefer to see the M44s a little cheaper than what they retail for, but for folks with no other alternative to the SIR, or who don't want to mess with a smith, they're a viable alternative.  

They have a nice feel with the covers installed, too...obviously much thicker than the regular or even M4 handguards.  

I've seen these for around $105 or so lately, so they're getting more attractive as the price comes down.    
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one installed on one of my ARs. I like them alot. I wanted a forward grip on my rifle and I mainly went with them for the price.
They go on [u]very[/u] tight.
With the forward grip installed fast controlled shots are very easy.

Here are a few pics:
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/m4a3/.Pictures/Samco%20M44s-1.JPG[/img]
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/m4a3/.Pictures/Samco%20M44s-2.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info and nice pics.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top