Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 11:52:37 AM EDT
So, on Sunday night I order a PRI Big Latch from MSTN by internet. (Life without a Big Latch really sucks.) I don't get the damned thing until noon on Tuesday here in Phoenix. Even allowing for their not getting the order until Monday morning, that still 36 FREAKIN HOURS to move this item a lousy 2,300 miles!

What; is this Wes Grant guy on permanent vacation, or what?

Before the flames start: It's a joke. OK?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Just remember that when you start a thread like this, there are people that are going to only read the title.  It isn't a joke to them.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#2]
You should take out the little comment about it being a joke at the bottom of your post and see which posters here have no sense of humor.  lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
It might be a good idea to edit this thing, or at least make the subscript a larger font.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
it was funny, he was being sarchastic
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Entirely possible. Isn't Wes a pilot?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Figure this one out, I place an order via email around 5pm, he confirms order around 7pm I had the goods next day!

Of course he is only two states south...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#10]
two words, santa claus.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you need to change the title of this thread to MSTN rocks. Vendor bashing is against the rules you know, plus MSTN is a good vendor, they don't need the negative publicity given by your thread title no matter what your intent.

Think about it dude....some people have waited MONTHS for parts (top-notch parts, Floridagunworks.com, even KKF). Give these guys a boost, not a DIS.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bah, thats nothing. I have had parts in just over 24 hours. Then again, I am right here in FL, but still, it is impressive.

I had parts in California in 48 hours.  fraking Fed Ex, he probably flew the parts on a plane and air dropped over my house.

For the LONGEST time, I didn't know what "Drop Shipping" meant.  As in.... "If you buy a skid of m193, you can arrange to have it drop shipped."

Well, deep down, I was REALLY hoping that meant a C-130 flew over your house, and shoved it out the back, and your skid parachuted on down.

On a simliar note... On my "Things to do when I hit the Lotto" List....
I want a skid of 5.56, a skid of 7.62, a skid of 9mm, and a skid of 45 brought TO my house, in an armed convoy, with helicopters providing cover.  I want rangers to fast rope down from the blackhawks, and secure the area as the Trucks full of ammo are brought in and the skids left on my driveway.

I will be videotaping all of this, and I will post it here for you guys.

And I can't wait to see the look on my neighbors' faces.  

Stainless
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So, on Sunday night I order a PRI Big Latch from MSTN by internet. (Life without a Big Latch really sucks.) I don't get the damned thing until noon on Tuesday here in Phoenix. Even allowing for their not getting the order until Monday morning, that still 36 FREAKIN HOURS to move this item a lousy 2,300 miles!

What; is this Wes Grant guy on permanent vacation, or what?

Before the flames start: It's a joke. OK?

Jesus! What a bunch of Asses! Whatever you so, don't post their website, I'd hate to have to go buy stuff from such slackers!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]

On a simliar note... On my "Things to do when I hit the Lotto" List....
I want a skid of 5.56, a skid of 7.62, a skid of 9mm, and a skid of 45 brought TO my house, in an armed convoy, with helicopters providing cover. I want rangers to fast rope down from the blackhawks, and secure the area as the Trucks full of ammo are brought in and the skids left on my driveway.

I will be videotaping all of this, and I will post it here for you guys.

That'll give ya somthing to keep you mind occupied while waiting for all your class 3 stuff to be approved, and your armored Hummer to be delivered.

If you're gonna dream, dream big.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
No, he's right.

MSTN has the most bad ass shit on the planet, and I gots no money.....

therefore... MSTN sux!

-LS
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]
If I need something from Wes I just stop by his house!

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#18]
SailorDude,

Dude, you need to change the subject line.  Many people just browse the subjects without reading the thread.  These browsing folks will be left with the mental note that some customer was very unhappy with this vendor.

I was almost one of these browsers.  I only opened the thread to see the fist flying and the blood flowing.  Damn, no fight

PS - folks around here have long memories.  Hope you don't need any help or advice in the future.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't think Wes would have a problem with this.
The content of the post is OBVIOUSLY a compliment, but the subject line is SO different from what people are used to reading, that it attractes them to read it.
In effect, it gets the good word about MSTN even MORE exposure.

People like trouble/disater/bitching, and will go out of their way to see it.
Examples?
1.  Rubber-neckers locking up traffic for miles to get a peek at a crash site.
2.  Network News ("If it bleeds, it leads")

Very clever Sailor (I have done this before myself )
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Any company that lets me change my order a half dozen times and ships additional parts before receiving the additional payment definitely deserves repeated business.  MSTN rocks!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks to MSTN, all I got was this....  

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

www.fototime.com/0D687C801D54B95/orig.jpg

That is a NICE rig you gots there, buddy!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

www.fototime.com/0D687C801D54B95/orig.jpg

Oh man, I'd be soooooo pissed!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think you need to change the title of this thread to MSTN rocks. Vendor bashing is against the rules you know, plus MSTN is a good vendor, they don't need the negative publicity given by your thread title no matter what your intent.

Think about it dude....some people have waited MONTHS for parts (top-notch parts, Floridagunworks.com, even KKF). Give these guys a boost, not a DIS.

HOLY SHIT.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Hahah.. when I saw the title I really *really* had to see how someone could possibly be mad at MSTN.  Heh. Also, posts like this demonstrate how many people actually read the first post
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#27]
MSTN has the best service going!  I have 54 replies to emails I have sent Wes, each answered an extremely timely manner...  Yet I have only purchased things from him twice (big bucks, but no complaints) and he still is friendly and only once did he not use caps!  All in all, he is my #1 pick for dealers on this and any other board...

Spooky
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top