Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 2:30:48 AM EDT
i thought i read something about a new company doing this. anyone know anything. i could be wrong i am not sure. thanks for the help! -Ben
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Leitner Wise can do it but youd be better served to wait for the MRS they will prduce which will accept factory AR barrels and cost hundreds less instead of the MRP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
does anyone have a link for more info on the MRS>
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
...check out their page on the industry forum
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the LW MRS even exist??? If so, please show me one!

Word is....LMT is developing a piston system for the MRP right now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

New pictures will be posted on Monday, the 15th of august.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New pictures will be posted on Monday, the 15th of august.

Of the MRS or LMT?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#7]
MRS
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#9]
there is a pick in the MRP thread.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]
It's called the MRS.  Expect pics in the Leitner-Wise Industry forum after August 15.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it gonna be "ON" the 15th. or "AFTER" the 15th???
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Sheesh, calm down.  

It will be on or after the 15 unless there is a delay then it could be on the 16th, if they are running ahead of schedule, it will not be on the 14th. If all of the parts arrive by the 15th it will be on the 15th unless the digital camera malfunctions, then it will be after the 15th. If they lose the memory card that they have the pictures on it might take longer than a week.  If the parts don't arrive by the 15th it will be after the 15th, then you have to allow time to find the camera that is buried under the parts that are waiting for the other parts to come, relocate the memory card, and wait for a day when the lighting is just right. Other than that it's right on schedule for the 15thish.

Now, just go shoot your MRP to pass the time, it comes when it comes man.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh, calm down.  

It will be on or after the 15 unless there is a delay then it could be on the 16th, if they are running ahead of schedule, it will not be on the 14th. If all of the parts arrive by the 15th it will be on the 15th unless the digital camera malfunctions, then it will be after the 15th. If they lose the memory card that they have the pictures on it might take longer than a week.  If the parts don't arrive by the 15th it will be after the 15th, then you have to allow time to find the camera that is buried under the parts that are waiting for the other parts to come, relocate the memory card, and wait for a day when the lighting is just right. Other than that it's right on schedule for the 15thish.

I was interested in the MRS when it was said that it would make the MRP "obsolete" by Jan/05 when it was supposed to be comercially available. That was a looooong time ago!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh, calm down.  

I was interested in the MRS when it was said that it would make the MRP "obsolete" by Jan/05 when it was supposed to be comercially available. That was a looooong time ago!

For the love of God, my friend, please don't start.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#15]
in the immortal words of a MAN WHO KNOWS... "WHY?????????? keep your damn weapons clean and no need for a gas piston setup...."  

meat

ETA: the man who knows is not me.... i dont know sheeuuut. but a reputable source.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Heck, I'll probably get both just so I don't have to turn in my AR15.com card...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I want a 16" MRS for a "briefcase gun".
With the quick release barrel it should be possible to fit a 16" overall length barrel/flash hider into the following case, and still have adequate fragmentation range.

ZeroHalliburton at 18X13X3.7 in.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I want a 16" MRS for a "briefcase gun".
With the quick release barrel it should be possible to fit a 16" overall length barrel/flash hider into the following case, and still have adequate fragmentation range.

ZeroHalliburton at 18X13X3.7 in.

www.zerohalliburton.com/images/products/aluminum/attache/premier/P3BK_448x368.jpg

How about a 10.5 inch MRS with an Enidine buffer?  You get 2900 FPS velocity with standard ammo!

Read on in the L-W forum for more re. the above.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Infomercial.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Wow, what a surprise. Another thread turned into an infomercial.

Explain, no one from LW poster here.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

How about a 10.5 inch MRS with an Enidine buffer?  You get 2900 FPS velocity with standard ammo!

Basically I like the 14.5"/Phantom for it reaching out to past 100 yards with 75 gr TAP and still being within the fragmentation threshold.

The "no-tool" ability of the MRS to remove and re-install the barrel quickly makes it invaluable as a "briefcase" carbine. That's not to say it isn't excellent at any other role, but as a break down compact carbine with M4 barrel length it has no real competition.

I truly love my MRP and have no plans to sell it no matter what hits the market, but I wouldn't trust my ability to torque the bolts to 140 inlbs even with extensive practice without a proper calibrated wrench. And I bought a rifle length MRP upper instead of the shorter railed model because I expected an acceptable "quick barrel change"  carbine upper would eventually be available.  

The fact that LW is about to release a M4 upper that can be broken down to fit in a briefcase and re-assembled in seconds with no tools has got to have some of the "covert ops" guys salivating like Pavlov's dogs.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I for one HATE the MRS. The damned things is hogging all the time and attention in Alexandria, so much so that my darlings are in temporary stasis. Me hates...hates.....

A M4 upper that you can have in .499 with a can. The line for men in trenchcoats starts down at the Torpedo Factory.

Simon
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=32229

No worries, I have learned not to feed the trolls.

ETA:  

6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

That's number two today.  Any more?

What is your agenda?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I would like to suggest an lw mrs with a krink flashhider, 10.5" Noveske barrel, enidine  buffer, and a tangodown vertical foregrip.

If we are going to make this an infomercal we might as well go all the way.

Oh ya. and what Magpull accessories can we add?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I feel your pain. I've been waiting awhile for my new upper.  

Let's face it, L-W is not the best with availability dates.

I'm confident that the mrs is going to happen just like the piston uppers are starting to happen.

Whenever they are ready to release it, I'm sure it's going to be spectacular.

I hate waiting for stuff.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh, calm down.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I feel your pain. I've been waiting awhile for my new upper.  

Let's face it, L-W is not the best with availability dates.

I'm confident that the mrs is going to happen just like the piston uppers are starting to happen.

Whenever they are ready to release it, I'm sure it's going to be spectacular.

I hate waiting for stuff.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh, calm down.  

You think L-W is bad, wait 'till you see Robinson Arms.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

You think L_W is bad, wait 'till you se Robinson Arms.

It's a race, which will be available first the XCR or LW5.56CP?

There coming around the back stretch and LW is pulling ahead.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dont count your chickens before they hatch or hold your breath.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

dont count your chickens before they hatch or hold your breath.

Did you drug a horse or somethin' ?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I would like to suggest an lw mrs with a krink flashhider, 10.5" Noveske barrel, enidine  buffer, and a tangodown vertical foregrip.

A 10.3" barreled upper with the L.W. piston system doesn't need a Krink flashhider to run reliably.
I speak from 1st hand experiance.......

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A 10.3" barreled upper with the L.W. piston system doesn't need a Krink flashhider to run reliably.
I speak from 1st hand experiance.......

I'm sure it doesn't, I was just trying to list off all the things that have been discussed with multiple threads lately.  OR multiple ARFCOM infomercials!

In case you missed those infomercials, the Krink flashider does an awesome job of deminishing the noise and blast felt by the the shooter and those around him.  I was suckered into the hype and bought one for my 11.5" ZM (that runs perfectly), and it really does do a great job of taking the repercussion away (less blast than my 16 inchers now). It's a pretty cool accessory, but some might say the boards are getting spammed with stuff about it when threads keep popping up. Kinda like how L-W threads keep popping up .

AND you can even cut a tin can with it..................................
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Infomercial.

True of about 75 percent of this site. What I find 'funny' is that you reserve such comments for this particular thread, and yet remain silent in a zillion other threads started in the 'tech forums' by DEALERS on this site. The 'check out my new build' threads we see constantly here. Must be a conicidence that they happen to be SELLING the particular parts they are pimping eh? Never heard you complain, not once.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I think it is hard for people not to get excited about great products.  That doesn't make it an infomercial.  

I am really excited at the prospect of never cleaning the gas system on my MRP again.  <that is what Leitner Wise claims.  My MRP is on the way to get converted; I never liked cleaning my M4; now maybe I won't have to clean anything but the chamber and barrel.

Putting a suppressor on my M4 always caused me slight concern as I knew that the thing seemed to foul up at about 3 times the speed; now maybe it won't bother me anymore.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Infomercial.

True of about 75 percent of this site. What I find 'funny' is that you reserve such comments for this particular thread, and yet remain silent in a zillion other threads started in the 'tech forums' by DEALERS on this site. The 'check out my new build' threads we see constantly here. Must be a conicidence that they happen to be SELLING the particular parts they are pimping eh? Never heard you complain, not once.

Just another HK KoolAid drinker that has an axe to grind with L-W.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Infomercial.

Anybody remember when the 10-8 guys (Tim Lau and David Pennington) came over here and posted a thread advertising the Noveske Krink flash hider?  Hell, that was the most obvios infomercial I have ever seen (that would have been redirected to the EE, if anyone else posted it) and yet, I didn't hear a word from VA_Dinger.  In fact, he purchased one for his personal AR-15.  I guess he only has a problem with the "infomercials" for L-W products.

Noveske Krinkov Flash Hider (pic and thoughts) by Tim Lau

Funny thing is that Tim Lau rarely ever posted here and David Pennington joined for the sole purpose of helping Tim advertise the Noveske Krink (he made his one and only post in that thread--I guess he was too good to contribute before )

Here is VA_Dinger's thread at AR15.com, showing off his new Noveske Krink: My LMT 10.5" - Noveske/LaRue makeover complete.

Here is the same thread (text and pictures identical) posted at 10-8Forums.com:  My LMT 10.5" - Noveske/LaRue makeover.

I guess it all makes sense now why he didn't harass Tim Lau or David Pennington.

By the way, isn't it hypocritical (and downright dishonest) to call this thread an infomercial and then not say anything about the Noveske Krink thread?

Justin

ETA:  Here's another thread by Tim Lau: Made in USA Noveske Krinkov Flash Hider Now Available.

The difference between VA_Dinger's reply here and there is astounding.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#38]
infomercial????

I come here for the infomercials!

No censorship, please, especially of AR15.com participating retailers from whom I buy 100% of my stuff.

When these threads become intelligent discussions about the equipment, infomercial or not, we get our best data, from fellow shooters.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#39]

The difference between VA_Dinger's reply here and there is astounding.

No.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top