Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2003 11:13:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Got one in 6.8mm?[;)]

BTW, what's the cost on the upper pictured above?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
[url=http://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/mstn/SPRCrane.JPG]Hi Res of SPR Above[/url]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn you Wes, I want a military brake.

Jimbo, the barrel is threaded in a different pitch for the OPS military brake.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
[banghead]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn you Wes, I want a military brake.  
View Quote

Buy the SPR upper from Wes and I am sure that he will be more than willing to accommodate your wishes.[:D]  The upper is worth every dollar you will spend.  I sense a Jedi mind trick in progress.  Get the last one while you can before it becomes unobtainable unobtainium.[}:D]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I assume you could supply this upper with a 1/2 x 28 TPI muzzle thread?  I'm looking to do up an SPRish rifle that will employ the latest Smith Vortex G-6, which is designed for the new Arms Tech LTD QD-223 suppressor. Much more efficient and smaller combo from personal experience, than the Seeberger unit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
YES, ALL OF OUR SPR BARRELS COME WITH THE APPROPRIATE 1/2 X 28 THREAD.

A CAN MORE EFFICIENT THAN THE SEBERGER 12TH MODEL, WHICH HAS A  40 DB REDUCTION? ONE THAT ENHANCES ACCURACY, TO BOOT?

TELL US MORE!

WES GRANT
[URL]MSTN.BIZ[/URL]
View Quote

------------
Yes, the QD-223 is about as efficent in dB reduction as the 12th Model OPSINC, however, I haven't personally tested it on an SPR length barrel.  Honestly, it was more intended for use on CQB-oriented weapons and as a replacement for the KAC QDSS type. So on that basis alone, I might give the nod to Seegerger in sound reduction. the QD-223 is after all, extremely small: 5 9/16" OAL and 1.50" diameter. An SPR-focused can would need to be developed I would think. Currently, the suppressor is under consideration in a major USG competiton, and will be entered in another one in the next few months. What really makes it unique is it's ability to enhance accuracy (at least on short-barreled weapons and 14.5" barrels tested to date) and the ability to integrate via the new Smith-Sommers Vortex G-6, which itself was designed specifically to accomodate the Arms Tech LTD suppressor. All this at a unit cost (not to mention installation costs) significantly less than the typical SPR muzzle brake interface unit.  Heck you just spin it on with 10 ft lbs torque and no washers.  Remember -- it self-tightens after just a few rounds. Also, as a muzzle device itself, the Vortex is about the most efficient flash eliminator out there. Parenthetically, I should add that there is growing empirical evidence to suggest that the Vortex itself actually enhances overall system accuracy.  A recent test conducted at JRTC on bolt guns and a test at APG on the M249 (both of which I read) all seem to suggest very strongly that this simple device alone indeed facilitates improvement acuracy.  Hmmm.  Hence, I began to think how it might work out on the SPR, which currently does not emply a true flash eliminator except when fitted with the suppressor. Correct?

While the G-6 is now readily available from the manufacturer, I understand it is in the new Brownell's as well, the QD-223 is currently only available to USG. It has however, just been accepted by a FMS customer.  Pending the ongoing USG downselect for a new SOPMOD can, this item may be available in limited numbers on the CLIII market.

If you're going to the Infantry Conference next month, both Smith enterprise and Arms Tech LTD  factory teams will supposedly have these systems on display.

Hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
WARNING: dumb question alert

What does SPR stand for?[bow]
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LES BAER CUSTOM HARD CHROMED BOLT CARRIER GROUP. THIS IS THE OLD YOUNG MFG PATENT DESIGN. IT IS THE ONLY SEMI CARRIER THAT WEIGHS AS MUCH AS AN M16 CARRIER.
View Quote

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but quick confirmation questions.  With all the new bolt carriers coming out, SOPMOD2/LMT, Colt Enhanced, and all the rest, is the Les Baer unit STILL the heaviest at this time?  Can or will Compass Lake fit the SOPMOD2/LMT new bolt to my/a barrel? Is the SOPMOD2/LMT the best out there right now, to include KAC's latest setup (with or without the modded barrel extension)? One of your brief-in-a-nutshell-end-all-answers would be great and thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a vortex G6, it is a great looking hider and the ability to hide flash is as good as the older model.  I am very excited to see a new can that will mate directly with the G6 with QD feature.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Wes,

You built the upper in the first picture for a buddy of mine and I had a chance to see it yesterday.  It is cool as hell and an incredable piece of hardware.  However, I can't understand why the Ops Inc II brake is considered pre-ban.  The end of the brake is closed just like a regular muzzle brake and it's even called a brake so why is it a pre-ban?  

Thanks in advance,
Marc
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#18]
one of the ops brakes listed at brownell's is 'grenade laucher' OD, the other one is bigger, .936 i think. the latter might be okay on a posty but no BATF letter is there to officially approve, to the best of my recollection.

edit. from brownell's:
SPECS: 304 stainless steel, polished finish. 2.6" (6.8cm) long. .866" (22mm) and .970" (2.5cm) diameter.

this appears to be for 4 port brake, not the one shown on wes' rifles.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:00:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Info please on the new armstech sound suppressor:

Is there an arms tech website yet? Where I could find out what the suppressor looks like, is made of etc.

Arms Tech people make good stuff like the TTR but they don't do much advertising it looks like the classic customers beating down a path to the door scenario.

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey Wes-

Is that a "Single Point" Sling attachment on the buffer/receiver extension?  What model is it, where can I get one, and how much..........

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Why all the concern over the weight of semi carriers?  Why not just use the full auto carriers since its not against the law to use a full auto carrier in a semi auto so long as you dont have any other full auto parts?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Wes, how much is a complete LMT flattop upper with m4 cuts...or is it possible to buy this part separately?
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top