Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 6/5/2010 3:54:19 AM EDT
Guys, I'm building a 6.8 AR for general hunting duty and I was going to get a MGSS (Mike's Gun Sales & Service) DMR forearm for it, but when I called to order it yesterday I was told they are not currently selling the DMR forearm individually because of the backlog on complete rifles they have. . .

. . .in case you haven't seen theis forearm it is one of the rounder forearms without side and bottom rails the entire length of the forearm. . .it has smal side and bottom rails immediately in front of the receiver and at the end of the forearm, but has a rounded section for your hand in the middle.

Anyone know of a similar style forearm besides the carbon fiber ones by PRi?

Thanks. . .I'll attach a picture later today.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 10:40:31 AM EDT
Try Yankee Hill Machine. Depending on the length you need you might be able to set something similar.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:16:36 PM EDT
rock river makes a free float similar to what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:56:06 PM EDT
Thanks for the suggestions. . .I'll check out both the websites again, I haven't been on in a while and thye might have something new.

. . .LaRue Tactical has a similar handguard on their OBR rifle, but of course they don't sell the OBR handguard separately either.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 3:38:40 PM EDT
I think I'm gonna go with the VLTOR CAS-V M forearm. . .I like the looks of it and it has the smooth body that I like as well as the ability to have some forward mounted rails.

Thanks for the help guys!
Top Top