Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2010 3:54:19 AM EDT
Guys, I'm building a 6.8 AR for general hunting duty and I was going to get a MGSS (Mike's Gun Sales & Service) DMR forearm for it, but when I called to order it yesterday I was told they are not currently selling the DMR forearm individually because of the backlog on complete rifles they have. . .

. . .in case you haven't seen theis forearm it is one of the rounder forearms without side and bottom rails the entire length of the forearm. . .it has smal side and bottom rails immediately in front of the receiver and at the end of the forearm, but has a rounded section for your hand in the middle.

Anyone know of a similar style forearm besides the carbon fiber ones by PRi?

Thanks. . .I'll attach a picture later today.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Yankee Hill Machine. Depending on the length you need you might be able to set something similar.

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
rock river makes a free float similar to what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions. . .I'll check out both the websites again, I haven't been on in a while and thye might have something new.

. . .LaRue Tactical has a similar handguard on their OBR rifle, but of course they don't sell the OBR handguard separately either.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'm gonna go with the VLTOR CAS-V M forearm. . .I like the looks of it and it has the smooth body that I like as well as the ability to have some forward mounted rails.

Thanks for the help guys!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top